Recent content by jean1702

  1. J

    THR THR - 2 1/2 years post op with possible ileopsoas tendonitis

    @gemdamon wondering how you are and hoping you have made some positive progress with your second opinion?
  2. J

    THR Unexplained onset of pain 2 years after successful THR

    Thanks for your replies. My right hip has been x-rayed and is fine thank goodness (the way I feel now is that I never want surgery ever again). I will get an independent 2nd opinion as soon as I can. I just hope they can offer a different perspective on things. With all the imaging and the...
  3. J

    THR Unexplained onset of pain 2 years after successful THR

    Hi, I posted earlier this year and sadly am still suffering. I have throbbing, aching, pulsing pain which moves from my groin, along my outer hip, deep in my glute and wrapped/tightness around the top of my thigh. The ache moves from one place to another (as opposed to hurting in all areas at...
  4. J

    Hip Infection* THR Take Two, 2.5 years later

    Hi @Elsinore, I am going in for the aspiration on Friday. I am scared now though, you said your hip and thigh have been seriously swollen - was that from the aspiration? My hip has been 'hurting' since December but I think it's very unlikely to be infection given the length of time without any...
  5. J

    THR Unexplained onset of pain 2 years after successful THR

    Hi all, I have posted another message some time ago under the thread "Hip Pain 2 years after successful surgery….". Unfortunately my issues haven't gone away and I am scheduled for an aspiration in a couple of weeks to rule out infection. I don't want to have it but have run out of options as...
  6. J

    THR Unexplained onset of pain 2 years after successful THR

    Hi all, I haven't been on here for awhile as to be honest, I have not been in a good place. My mental health has suffered hugely as a result of not being able to get a diagnosis and being in constant pain for 6 months. I am completely sleep deprived and very low. I am now scheduled for an...
  7. J

    Hip Infection* THR Take Two, 2.5 years later

    Hi Bruce, keeping fingers crossed for you. I seem be in a parallel world to you …. THR 2 years ago and pain since Dec, '20. All MRI, x-rays and tests look fine, also blood work is clear but still worried about infection as nothing else is showing up and pain is 24/7. May be having an aspiration...
  8. J

    THR Unexplained onset of pain 2 years after successful THR

    Thank you @Hip4life, that was such a nice message. It's lovely to have the support, I feel so worn down by the pain and especially by the thought that it may never go away. Not having a clear diagnosis is soul destroying. I got the results back from a 2nd MRI today and there was nothing...
  9. J

    THR Unexplained onset of pain 2 years after successful THR

    Hi Stellamac, sorry to hear about your ordeal. Did you recover successfully from your operation and have a period with no issues or have you had these symptoms ever since? My symptoms started suddenly over a couple of days last November. Before that I had two years of absolutely no issues and...
  10. J

    THR Unexplained onset of pain 2 years after successful THR

    @helenium & @Jaycey Thank you both for your replies. Re. the trochanteric bursitis injection, I haven't asked my surgeon about that directly but at this stage I expect he would say try it. In terms of seeing a revision specialist, unrelated to my original surgeon I agree that makes sense. The...
  11. J

    THR Unexplained onset of pain 2 years after successful THR

    Hi Jaycey, I didn't because my GP and another physio said they were adamant it wasn't bursitis because I have no tenderness to touch (although I can't sleep on the bad side as it feels sore but not tender / like sleeping on concrete if that makes sense), also the fact I have groin pain too...
  12. J

    THR Unexplained onset of pain 2 years after successful THR

    Hi all, I am back here a month after first posting and still in enormous pain sadly. I have since seen a neurologist who is doubtful my back is a factor as the pain is too widespread and therefore not obviously from one disk. I am at my wits end. Everything has been seemingly eliminated but I am...
  13. J

    THR Unexplained onset of pain 2 years after successful THR

    Thanks @djklaugh I do think I'll go ahead with it and good to se your first injection was successful. Another quick question, when you had the 'deep ache and some spikes of more severe pain' (which is very much the same for me) … did it come and go or was it there all the time i.e could you get...
  14. J

    THR Unexplained onset of pain 2 years after successful THR

    Hi @DK63 thanks for asking, icing and rest making no difference sadly. Still in constant discomfort 24/7. I know it sounds dramatic but I feel locked in a nightmare. Not knowing what is wrong is destroying me, if I had a diagnosis I could get on with treatment. I am good at rehab and following...
  15. J

    THR 2 years THR

    @DK63 wondering how are you feeling? Any improvement at all / is anything helping?
Back
Top Bottom