Recent content by Jday

  1. Jday

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    Thank you @Layla. I will talk to my ID Dr. I will read the other members story too see how he made out ❤️
  2. Jday

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    Hi Bonesmart. Please update my procedures to include: Right revision 2nd stage new titanium prosthetic May 28 2024 Right DAIR March 2025 Thank you
  3. Jday

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    Does anyone know of any side effects of long term antibiotic use? How does it effect the body?
  4. Jday

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    Hello Bonesmart. I feel so stupid that I did not update my status. I apologize. With the surgeries and everything going on it just slipped my mind. I had intended to respond. Maybe it is my age...... . I was retested in April 2024 with no signs of infection. I had the second stage of the...
  5. Jday

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    Hi @Layla . Thank you for checking in. I appreciate the support. I finished the antibiotics a week ago. The infection seems to be gone and my CRP level has gone down substantially. My knee is swollen but not like it used to be. My appetite has definitely returned....lol. I have good days and bad...
  6. Jday

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    Thank you @Jah Row for your reply. I am hanging in there. The PICC line was removed today. The Dr wants me to take an oral antibiotic for 2 weeks since my CRP is still a little high. It may be from my rheumatoid athritis and not the infection. So he wants me to take it a little bit longer. It...
  7. Jday

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    Hi @Jockette . My leg was not misaligned. My extension was not good with all the swelling and pain. My knee joint would not lay straight. Despite PT it would not budge. I walked with a limp and my alignment was off. Removal of the prosthetic and placement af the spacer has allowed the knee to...
  8. Jday

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    Thank you @Layla ❤️
  9. Jday

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    thank you @Jah Row. How long was it until you were ready for the 2nd stage? Was your infection gone after the antibiotics? I am just finishing up the 6 weeks of IV antibiotics. My blood work has been good. I will be happy to get off of it. I am so tired all the time. It is also upsetting my...
  10. Jday

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    Hi @cqcoffee. I learned that it is important to get a second maybe even a third opinion. The Dr at New England Baptist is Carl Talmos. He is very direct and good. I am very happy with the first stage of my surgery. My leg was straight right after, which it has not been since my original surgery...
  11. Jday

    TKR Pain in the buttocks

    Thank you @Kathton. I am improving and I am glad you are too. It's not easy, but at least we are seeing progress. :SUNsmile:
  12. Jday

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    Thank you @benne68 I will take a look.
  13. Jday

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    I am pretty sure it is a nerve issue. I had pain in my lower back with my initial surgery and now with my revision. Diagnosis was a pinched nerve after the initial surgery. I was told by one PT that it could not be the nerve. It was getting worse so I went to a physiatrist. Turns out I had 2...
  14. Jday

    TKR New to Forum

    Hi @Futurekicker I did buy a wedge on Amazon and it has helped me with elevating the leg and reducing the swelling. I even sleep with it on days when my knee has a lot of swelling and pain. You may be able to stack up some pillows for the same effect.
  15. Jday

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    Hi Bonesmart. I had my first revision with the antibiotic spacer on 1/16. Can you add that to my surgeries signature on the bottom? Thank you
Back
Top Bottom