Recent content by Jayboats2001

  1. Jayboats2001

    THR Made it to the other Side

    It’s been two years five months post op for a TRHR following a femoral neck fracture that didn’t heal. Diagnosed with iliopsoas tendon impingement which surfaced in my fifth month post op and has progressively gotten worse. PT made it worse, walking in general was painful as well as standing...
  2. Jayboats2001

    CT/MRI post the THR

    Im seven months post THR and surgeon just ordered an MRI due to debilitating pain in right thigh and groin. MRI is at the end of January. Femoral Neck Repair December 18, 2014 Total Right Hip Replacement May 6, 2015
  3. Jayboats2001

    THR Made it to the other Side

    I'm nearly eight months post op and had a follow-up with my surgeon today. The implant looks great. However for the last couple of months have been miserable. I had seen great progress, but my physical therapist felt that there was too much tightness and I began having groin and thigh pain that...
  4. Jayboats2001

    THR Made it to the other Side

    Thank you, Definitely stopping the exercises that are causing the pain and will focus on gentle exercises, walking and using my upright stationary bicycle. Femoral Neck Repair December 18, 2014 Total Right Hip Replacement May 6, 2015
  5. Jayboats2001

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Updated pic at nearly 90 days post op total of 18 inches and 34 staples. My surgeon was great.
  6. Jayboats2001

    THR Made it to the other Side

    Teecup, buzzybee, Great Aunt Janet, JulieJF, Liznwiz, webbie73, Jaycey, @Josephine, Just reaching out to see how everyone was doing in their respective recoveries. Since the accident 71/2 months ago and 11 weeks post TRHR with a posterior approach (see updated photo), I have finally returned to...
  7. Jayboats2001

    THR Made it to the other Side

    This is three months post op. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  8. Jayboats2001

    THR Made it to the other Side

    Here it is three days post op! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. Jayboats2001

    THR Made it to the other Side

    @ Great Aunt Janet, lol... Some times it would take me 20 minutes to write the short updates. I would doz off and wake up only to find my fingers would get heavy on the keyboard and either erase everything or jumble it up. But I'm much more alert, they say I have a tolerance to the dilotid. I...
  10. Jayboats2001

    THR Made it to the other Side

    The and of Day one post op has been ideal. As the epidural wore off and I stayed on my iv meds Toradol and dilotid allowing me to match the pain as it rose. Overall very comfortable and aside from pressure and incision pain, I feel great. They say tomorrow will be the worst. I should be...
  11. Jayboats2001

    THR Made it to the other Side

    What was suppose to be a two hour turns into a four hour surgery. Surgeon was not satisfied and redid the socket. Pain was very manageable just a lot of pressure. This morning to remove the catheter and drain tubes and I was up for a few steps. PT twice today looking forward to it. Thank you...
  12. Jayboats2001

    THR Made it to the other Side

    Thank you all. Restless night, not planning to get much sleep. Worst part, no late night snacks. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  13. Jayboats2001

    THR Made it to the other Side

    Starting early as surgery is tomorrow morning. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. Jayboats2001

    Femoral neck fracture repair leads to THR

    Thank you @ great aunt Janet Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom