Recent content by jaybird

  1. J

    TKR Still working on getting both knees done.

    I am ~6 months out from a RTKR, and have been able to kneel for quite a while, probably since month 3 or so. It probably helps that much of my knee is still numb. That said, everyone’s different - I had a student who’d had a BTKR several years earlier and still couldn’t kneel.
  2. J

    TKR Jaye’s recovery thread

    22 weeks out for me, and I feel fantastic. Up to 20 mile rides on the bike, usually 3x/week now that I’m not going to work. Walking at least a couple of miles all the other days. Sailing and Whalering, but not rowing yet - confidence in my balance seems to be one of the last things to come back...
  3. J

    TKR Jaye’s recovery thread

    Thanks, all. I was amazingly lucky in my recovery, and hit every milestone before I expected to. I’ve been getting exercise as my knee allows, which is way more than I thought it would be. Getting my knee done was without a doubt the right thing. I hadn't realized how sedentary I’d been until I...
  4. J

    TKR Jaye’s recovery thread

    Thanks! I’ve been reading along on your MUA - I’m glad it has helped, but sorry you had to do it) We tried to get out on the sailboat last Sunday, but wound up driving around with no wind. Actually, it was pretty nice (for me anyway), but Art was a bit bummed about the lack of wind. This weekend...
  5. J

    TKR Jaye’s recovery thread

    11 weeks yesterday. I’ve been fairly consistent in riding my bike to work - it’s ~3.5 miles round trip, so not bad. My planned 4 hours/day schedule is gradually expanding - I’m basically meeting with clients during my 4 hours and doing all of their returns as drop offs, so that I can keep my...
  6. J

    MUA Done in Time for the Carolina Basketball Game!

    You did what worked for you. No argument there. I hope your pain goes down. I’ve been using silicone sheets and gel on my scar. Obviously I have no control to compare it to, but the scar looks good.
  7. J

    TKR Jaye’s recovery thread

    Finished my first week back at work today - I only worked 4 days, 4hrs/day. I’m tired when I get home, but it’s manageable. I’m icing at night. It feels good to be back, actually. I’d been planning to keep to this schedule for the whole month of February if I can, but it’s becoming increasingly...
  8. J

    TKR Jaye’s recovery thread

    Well, we didn’t have rain, but we did have wind, cold, and excuses that have prevented my riding my bike to work so far. I work tomorrow, but I have off-island PT before, so I’ll drive straight from there. It should be gorgeous Saturday, I hope to be able to ride to the farmers market and on to...
  9. J

    TKR Jaye’s recovery thread

    Lynn, I am loving the bike for sure. I didn’t ride it to work today because it was my first day back and I wasn’t sure how my knee would do. However, I can report that after four hours sitting at my desk an hour of icing when I got home was enough to subdue the swelling. So IMO, not too bad...
  10. J

    MUA Done in Time for the Carolina Basketball Game!

    I hope the MUA can resolve your ROM issues, Helizabug.
  11. J

    Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

    I’m sorry, but your mom is ticking me off.
  12. J

    TKR Jaye’s recovery thread

    Went for a 15 mile ride w/Art this afternoon, with one stop at a bewery near the end. I’d kept using my bike as transportation, but riding just for pleasure is something I haven’t done in a long while. It was fantastic, and the bike is an absolute joy.
  13. J

    TKR Jaye’s recovery thread

    It felt sort of like Get Out w/elk, honestly. They’re huge, so mostly what I could see from inside the car was legs. Lots and lots of legs.
  14. J

    TKR Jaye’s recovery thread

    I was in an ancient Volvo 240 DL wagon at the time. Not a high clearance or powerful car (or 4WD) and honestly not a car I had any business being where I was in. I used to do a lot of stupid stuff in pursuit of backcountry.
Back
Top Bottom