Recent content by javaev

  1. javaev

    ROM and Extension stretches

    Awesome discussion...! Fantastic suggestions for ROM and extension..
  2. javaev

    TKR countdown to freedom

    Hello gang..! This Monday morning will be 13 weeks LTKR, and 6 weeks RTKR, I'm still doing a minimum of two PT sessions a day, down to Tramadol 3 times daily as well as Advil, walking about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile daily, and riding the bike on the trainer for about 10min. right after every PT...
  3. javaev

    TKR countdown to freedom

    referee54 and aj0114, we are having series of small powerful weather cells move through the Dallas area tonight, and my gosh, I'm ready for another hydrocodone, my lord, we need a break. For the last 10 or so years, I've been fairly accurate when the barometer take's a wild swing, and tonight is...
  4. javaev

    TKR countdown to freedom

    Id like to hear from all my healing community about weather related pain. I got a call from my OS's nurse, she asked I was doing and then asked about my pain. I told her that I thought this knee was a bit more challenging than the other back in March. She said that overwhelmingly all patients...
  5. javaev

    TKR May 7th TKR

    You've come to the right place..! The worst Is behind you, and you have many opportunities to achieve ROM and extension over time, but it sounds like you have a brand new wheel that just needs to be "broke in". Read lots on this website, it will arm you with knowledge, and generate confidence, I...
  6. javaev

    TKR countdown to freedom

    Ankle pumps, ankle pumps, ankle pumps...! Well today was a very good breakthrough day, I woke energized this morning and made the very best of PT, as I was kidding with Keith, he just got tougher, and it turned into healthy competition, I know we talk about the "no pain no gain" thing, but I'm...
  7. javaev

    TKR countdown to freedom

    Optimistic1, I would do this all over again, even knowing what I know now, because living in the pain I was in before surgery was unacceptable, I don't know how I did it for so long. Don't fear your next knee replacement, you already have one brand new knee to motivate you..!
  8. javaev

    TKR I made it! Now Recovery begins :)

    So sorry to hear about your pain, you and I are one day apart, I had my right TKR done on May 18th. I had already had my left TKR done on Mar. 30th. and had a relatively easy experience with that one, however this knee has been a little more angry. Same for me, two days after surgery I had a...
  9. javaev

    TKR countdown to freedom

    Well no surprises this morning with first at home PT, just like my left knee before, my ROM continued to decline overnight and we measured at 78 today, but I've done this before and know that will improve over the next few weeks, interesting how you forget pain, my nurses, PT, and Dr. have all...
  10. javaev

    TKR countdown to freedom

    Day 2 and at home in bed..! No two knees are alike is certainly true for me, but only in little ways. I think my tolerance to Tramadol over the last 6 weeks had something to do with my pain today with this my second TKR in the last 7 weeks, so the nurses went to Hydrocodone this morning before I...
  11. javaev

    TKR countdown to freedom

    On the other side..!!!!! Surgery went really well yesterday morning, Dr. said this right knee was as bad as the left done back on March 30th. Elected for the spinal combined with general, and when the spinal wore off the Experal was kicking in again right on time. Pain levels are in the 2-3...
  12. javaev

    2015 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Oh my gosh, here we go again gang, its only been 7 weeks since my left TKR, and on Monday morning May 18th., its time for my right TKR. I have much respect for those who have had bilateral in one surgery, but there's got to be an altogether separate set of wings for one to go back so soon...
  13. javaev

    TKR countdown to freedom

    Hello gang...! Well here I am at 6 weeks 5 days, I've pretty much stopped using ice, all that remains is stiffness and some light pain, and that is only due to orders from my surgeon to stop all medications, I'm getting my right knee done Monday morning. I've been riding my bike on the trainer...
  14. javaev

    This is really happening...Let the countdown begin :)

    You are a champ...! You've made the decision to change the quality of your life. I had TKR on my left knee done on Mar. 30th, and now my right knee TKR on Monday May 18th, so we are neighbors..! Ive got a post in the recovery area from my March surgery. Ive been fairly active most of my life...
  15. javaev

    TKR countdown to freedom

    3 weeks today...! I had my last at home visit by my nurse today, and she says all is good and maybe start some vitamin E on my incision. My ROM continues to come in small tid bits, I'm somewhere around 0/105-110, I'm on the bike trainer doing about 80-100 rotations a day, and I no longer lift...
Back
Top Bottom