I'm so happy to report that PT went really well today. I could do all the challenges she sent my way (without pain & stiffness).
Control is still hard, of course. I have a weak right hip (next surgery, do you think?) so I have to work hard to keep my hip in alignment while I do the knee...
Thank you Mamazipp and Stadx for your clicking comments. You are right; if there is no pain, it is something I can live with.
I don't think my first knee clicked at all until now and, while my new knee may have a bit, it didn't become constant until after my vacation adventure. I know that...
An odd thing is that since this vacation, both my knees have started clicking. They seem to do it when I'm tired or when they are under the most strain. Do you think this will go away over time? I have to say it makes me feel a bit self-conscious because if I can hear it, others must also be...
Thank you, all! It is helpful to read all this material again. I think I'll take things easy for a while and see if I continue to improve.
I've updated my signature to show I was talking about my 2nd TKR in late June.
About 8 weeks after my RTKR surgery, my husband and I went on a preplanned mini-vacation in Maine. While there just 2 nights, we packed in a lot of activities and I walked quite a bit more than I had up to then--including walking barefoot on the beach (which was delightful). I felt tired but...
I am scheduled to have my second TKR (right knee this time) on June 28th. I'm really looking forward to getting this done! Hoping for an even quicker recovery this time.
It's over ten weeks since my TKR and I've just gotten off the last narcotic pill! I'm so glad. I'm still taking Tylanol before bedtime. Without dilaudid, I tend to wake up once during the night but I can usually get back to sleep before too long. It will be so good to sleep through the...
@LondonLady - "Break a leg!" Pretty funny! I was drinking my morning tea when I read your message. I was a good thing I'd already swallowed. It just made me giggle aloud. My husband looked up from perusing his emails and said, "Huh?" I had to tell him what you'd said. He thought it was...
Hi all,
I've now been back to work for the past 2 weeks. I'm doing a on a very part time basis. The first week was at 7 weeks post surgery & I worked just 4 hours a day for 3 days. I'll tell you, that first day was tiring. I was so glad my husband drove me both ways so I could just close my...
@rosietosie - You are doing so well! I'm impressed with all you've been able to do. And you with 2 knees done!
My husband and I also just celebrated our wedding anniversary - our 45th. It was such a "big one" that we wanted to go to a nice restaurant. The one we chose was 45 minutes away...
@tiredwife
I normally work 22 hours/week and my plan is to start off doing just half of that so I think I'll be fine. Also, some of it can be done from home. I am extremely bored right now and tired of being "disabled".
I told my surgeon I wanted to start back to work on a very part time basis in the middle of October. That is when my workload picks up and it is important to me to be involved at that time. My doc said he'd back whatever I wanted to do so hopefully the greedy insurance company will be agree to...
I am still on a bit of pain medication - I'm taking 2 mg dilaudid two times a day and tylanol as needed. I am walking with a cane indoors but have not yet been cleared to do it outdoors...should be soon, though. I'm not yet cleared to drive and since there is no public transportation in our...
I just got a letter from my short-term disability provider saying that according to their data, 50% of TKR patients are able to return to work after 4 weeks and unless my surgeon tells them why I am still disabled, they will end my STD payments next week!
While I feel I'm doing very well, I do...
@tiredwife
I'm doing pretty well overall. It's almost 3 weeks post surgery and I'm getting impatient to just be done with all this and return to normal living. Yes, I know that is unrealistic but it is how I feel.
I'm starting to do a bit of work from home each day to help out my co-worker...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.