Recent content by jaschembra

  1. jaschembra

    TKR Yay new knee

    Glad to see you posting and "post surgery". All those fluids. I came out of surgery with a catheter in place but that was removed shortly after. Yay! You get to eat food - that was the first thing I wanted when I became alert in my room. And as everyone will tell you, food and pain medicine...
  2. jaschembra

    TKR Yay new knee

    Looking forward to your update post and "new knee"! Don't go skipping down the hall or anything crazy like that. :) Wishing you the best.
  3. jaschembra

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    @Chlken12 Good luck tomorrow. I'll have you in my thoughts and prayers. Positive vibes - all will go well and you'll have a brand new knee tomorrow. (I couldn't find you to post onto your own story, so hoping you will see this).
  4. jaschembra

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    @sistersinhim Oh, I haven’t ridden for a long time. My knee would act up and I was wearing a protective vest because I didn’t want to fall and break ribs ever again! So, I have a friend that rides my horse several times a week- she’s an excellent ride, loves it, so it’s a win win for both of...
  5. jaschembra

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    2021 4th year update, just a couple of months delayed. So, I can pretty much say, I'm in the same boat as I was in for all of 2020 and if anything, I think I may have a little less ROM in my TKR but I have enough to function and take stairs normally, etc. But if that step is too steep, I must...
  6. jaschembra

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    3rd Year Anniversary - LTKR Hi Everyone! My update is just about a repeat of my 2nd year anniversary update. :) This past year knocked me down a notch when I took the spill from my horse in June. I still thank God my knee was spared any damage. Heck, I'm thankful a lot of me was spared...
  7. jaschembra

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    @Jockette and @sistersinhim I had trailered for the first time this year, he was excited from that, from being in a new environment, from playing with the cows... if I was going to canter, I could have gotten off him and lunged him first to make sure he didn’t have any silliness in him etc but...
  8. jaschembra

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    Good news... I’ve really felt like I’ve been moving right along since adding the senior strength classes each week. So much so, I started helping trim outside for hubby and was riding 2 days a week. This week I rode 3 days! However, now I have the good and bad. The good? “It could have...
  9. jaschembra

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    Well, hello there! Thought I would get back on here and post any updates since my 2 yr Anniversary. ~ In March, I took my records and saw a 2nd opinion OS. He is the person who I figure will do my next knee when I’m crippled and need it done (performs about 700/year and I know a couple people...
  10. jaschembra

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    Thanks @sistersinhim I remember @skigirl I think had the scar tissue removed if I remember correctly. I'm still hoping my body just "gets used to it" eventually, as I'm not all too excited about anything going surgically into that joint. :) And...it's pretty amazing how I can get up and...
  11. jaschembra

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    :spin::dancy:Guess what today is - It's my 2 year anniversary!! :dancy::spin: The good: I no longer hear or feel my bones pop into place, or rub against each other like I still do with my right knee, the bone pain is gone. My joint feels strong and secure. I have absolutely no pain while...
  12. jaschembra

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    Wow!!! 6 months since my last post. I'm still alive and kicking (no soccer balls :heehee:) Happy New Year everyone! I'll post a 2 year update on my anniversary of 1/3/19...not too exciting, and not much different, so don't get too anxious waiting for it. :flwrysmile: And yes... this little...
  13. jaschembra

    Revision TKR Partial Revision Failure

    You’re getting fixed right now as I type. Just read your thread. You are brave, intelligent, and tough! All will be good. Let us know how you’re doing when you get back on BoneSmart. :flwrysmile:
  14. jaschembra

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    I haven't been on much lately so I jumped right to page 39 and then back to 38 and was thrilled to hear of your flex and that you're doing so much better!! Great news I too get a little blob above, lateral and my OS early on told me that it was a place that wasn't restricted with tendons or...
  15. jaschembra

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    @Jockette Yes, I think that's why my OS told me about it in Jan. but said it tends to make you worse before it makes you better and he wanted to try the Gabapentin, etc..... I believe he also looked at it as being pretty aggressive and didn't really want to go that direction at that time. I'm...
Back
Top Bottom