Recent content by JaneyGS

  1. JaneyGS

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    It's four years ago today that I had my LTHR done. The joint doesn't hurt any more but the muscles around it are still a bit messed up but it doesn't stop me from doing anything really. Hope everyone else who has new shiny hips is doing well!
  2. JaneyGS

    THR Hip hip hooray - Jane's new hip story!

    Two year anniversary! It's two years yesterday that I had my left hip replaced. Two years on, my hip is not perfect, I don't have the same range of movement that I had before and I'm not completely pain free but it's much better than before I had it done. Not sure if it will improve any more...
  3. JaneyGS

    UK private health cover after THR

    Well, I've decided to take the new job so I'll find out soon. Will let you know!
  4. JaneyGS

    UK private health cover after THR

    Hello all, I had my left hip replaced almost two years ago and I was lucky enough to have BUPA cover through my employer. I am now looking to change jobs and I was wondering if the private health care provider with the new job (AXA PPP) is likely to provide cover for my new hip. Does anyone...
  5. JaneyGS

    THR Hip hip hooray - Jane's new hip story!

    I went for my second physio session on Tuesday and I think it is really helping. The massage that he does hurts while he's doing it but seems to release the knots. I'm trying to be good about doing the exercises and hopefully it will get better soon. Thanks for the comments! Jane
  6. JaneyGS

    THR Hip hip hooray - Jane's new hip story!

    I got my referral for physio and went on Monday. For the first time in this whole process someone actually touched me and felt around the hip joint and watched me move. The consultant has only watched me walk from the waiting room into his office and has never actually touched me (apart from the...
  7. JaneyGS

    THR Hip hip hooray - Jane's new hip story!

    Well I got an email today from the consultant that just said that the x rays looked perfect and that he assumes it is soft tissue issue and suggested more physio. Basically I think he only does bones and my bones are fine. I'll see if I can get a referral for some more physio but if not I...
  8. JaneyGS

    THR Hip hip hooray - Jane's new hip story!

    Well I went for my appointment last night. As soon as I said that I had some pain the consultant wanted me to have x rays and didn't really say much more than that other than sometimes people do end up with pain that doesn't go away and that's just the way it is. Wasn't really what I wanted to...
  9. JaneyGS

    THR Hip hip hooray - Jane's new hip story!

    Update after 17 months. I've made an appointment to go back to see the consultant tomorrow as I am still getting the aching and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. It's still way better than it was pre-op and I have no regrets about having the operation but I thought that I would be pain...
  10. JaneyGS

    THR Hip hip hooray - Jane's new hip story!

    Hi Stemaka, I'll be up that way for real supporting one of my friends who is doing the Three Peaks Cyclocross race at the weekend. Up Ingleborough, Whernside and Pen-y-Ghent on a bike - makes road cycling look safe! broken link removed: https://www.3peakscyclocross.org.uk/photos_2012.htm...
  11. JaneyGS

    THR Hip hip hooray - Jane's new hip story!

    One year update... This time last year I was in hospital feeling sore but relieved that the op had gone well. A year has gone by very quickly! I am still struggling a little with the discomfort (not enough to be called pain) that I have pretty much all the time. It's just a dull ache that...
  12. JaneyGS

    Nearly one year on - Aching! (Resurface Sept 2012)

    Hi Jo, I had a x-ray back in March at 6 months after the op and everything was fine. I did have the aching then but the surgeon wasn't concerned as he felt it was still everything settling down. I have a ceramic on plastic implant. The ache feels as it is it more in the muscles than the joint...
  13. JaneyGS

    Nearly one year on - Aching! (Resurface Sept 2012)

    Not wanting to derail Craig's thread but I have the ache in two places - L2B E on my bum and L5F D on my front. The ache moves around so it's not normally in both places at once. It's pretty low leve 2-3 so I don't take any tablets for it. Any clues would be great! Thanks Jo
  14. JaneyGS

    Nearly one year on - Aching! (Resurface Sept 2012)

    Hi Craig, I've had the aching when sitting still / lying down pretty much since the post op pain really stopped. I can walk / cycle / do all sorts of active things without any problems but the aching is always there when I'm still. I also get the sharp twinges when I move in an odd way. For...
  15. JaneyGS

    THR Hip hip hooray - Jane's new hip story!

    6 month update (can't believe it's gone so fast!) I went to see the consultant last week for my six month check up. He did an xray which is the first one since the day of the operation. He said that it all looks perfect. Everything where it should be. He showed me how much longer my left leg...
Back
Top Bottom