Thanks, Celle. I have looked at those. I seem to have a difficult time getting the pillows just right. But I think I have it figured out. PT says swelling looks really good.
I continue to improve and feel good. Just have issues with my tummy from time to time. I guess I'm still dealing with...
PT went well. Then she helped me elevate. Although she had independently commented that my swelling had gone down and looked good. She said around the knee would last long. But man that elevating hurt. I couldn't even do it for quite 30 minutes. But I'm gonna try and do it at least s little...
Thank you all. I have certainly been icing, icing and more icing. I've also been resting and staying on top of my pain meds. Not so much with the elevating. They told me as long as my foot is level with my hip, then I am good.
Every day I am amazed by how well I am doing. I feel so lucky and...
Thanks, guys. I spoke with the doc's office this morning. And then talked more with my PT when she was here this afternoon. Turns out my doc wants my ROM to be at 100* when I'm a month out and go see him. Then my PT measured it and it is already at 100. Her goal for be is 105 when she's done the...
I spoke with my PT and discussed my concerns. She understood but said this was crucial time to work on ROM. But she agreed to minimize the severity of 2 of the exercises. She asked what my doctor had said. Well uh... Nothing. Just ordered the PT.
I have been sitting in a different chair when I...
Thank you all very much. I will go back and review that info from the first page. I guess I'm just trying to do what my doctor recommended. But all of you experts say not to push it. So I'm perplexed.
Hi Guys,
For some reason my last few posts haven't shown up here. Not sure what I did wrong. Now the calvary has arrived. My daughter is here from Portland. Yippy. She will be a great help and relieve some of the pressure from my husband. He was getting a little grumpy. I have had a...
My doctor mentioned an antidepressant several times, because I would cry so easily. So I took a Zoloft on Tuesday. Big mistake. I was so nauseous. I threw up multiple times and finally got a nauseous drug. I felt better by late afternoon.
My pt came and we went through exercises. But my knee...
Oh my last post disappeared and I am tired. So I'll sum up. My daughter is coming for 2 weeks. She's been itching to come. I complained a little today and that's all it took. She will be a huge help. It's just Oregon is a long way to come. But she's happy to.
Doc put me on Benadryl and...
Thanks, guys. My PT is coming at 4:00. We'll see what she says about elevation. I also have a rash. I'm going to ask her to look at it. I'm wondering if I'm allergic to one of the meds. I just took a shower and washed my hair. Boy am I glad we redid our shower last summer. It's bigger now, so...
Better late than never. I just joined last week. But my first surgery, a right TKR was last Wednesday. March 30th. Can I please join this famous group? Thanks guys! I have a thread.....Jan's Journey to Jump. Thank you and best of luck & prayers to all!
I was told to keep my leg straight.....foot even with my hip. I wish I had one of those foam inverted pillows. I also wish I had a hospital bed. So hard to be just the right angle. I do sleep and I do nap. I have adjusted what I can of the pain meds, so we'll see if tonight is better. Thanks for...
I think I'm to wear the compression booties for a month. That's when I go back to see him. Yes, I am doing the ankle pumps. Along with the other 4 or 5 basic exercises. I'm still doing the spirometer. Not sure how long for that one. It was a little overwhelming at the time.
I had a bit of a...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.