Recent content by JamesW57

  1. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    Update. Had my revision surgery on 1 July 2025 due to loosening. I am out of surgery and dealing with the pain. It took him 2 1/2 hours but the doctor is optimistic. He said he had to “work me over” due to my bone density/calcification and scar tissue. Obviously very painful but definitely a...
  2. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    Thank you Jamie. I will certainly engage with them.
  3. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    Just a quick update. My insurance failed me again so my surgery was cancelled yet again!! 37 year retired military and since TriCare switched to TriWest on 1Jan 25 it has just been a mess. Praying for positive answer!! Talk soon. I’m crushed!!
  4. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    Thank you all for the reply’s and Jcx I appreciate you sharing your experience. I’m ready!
  5. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    Layla, I cant Thank you for your thoughts as I approach this revision. Its like I said before it is strange to be so apprehensive/nervous but at the same time excited! I am guessing a lot of it is the last year and a half waring on my mind. That said, I am ready to go! Thanks again. @mtcwp...
  6. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    Thank you all for thinking of me. I am really late updating my status. I got caught up in my insurance transition and it caused a delay. My new date is 19 February at 12:30. JCX, I hope your revision went well. When you feel up to it I would really like to hear about it. Take care.
  7. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    Just a quick update. Revision surgery is now confirmed for the 13th of January. Wow, it’s a really weird feeling to be excited and super nervous at the same time. Excited to get this fixed and I will be able to get back to life without pain after 16 months post TKR! Nervous to go through...
  8. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    Thank you all for the reply’s full of information and caring. So I met with my new Dr. yesterday and he asked how I was doug. I said not well actually losing ROM and pain level much worse. I said I was concerned given everything came back normal. He said that is correct except for the bone...
  9. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    Hello my TKR Friends. Wanted to let anyone interested know my status in case you happen to be in the same or similar place. TKR completed on 18 July 23. MUA completed on 28 Sept 23 (i was at about 80 degree flexion and 2 extension with no gain). Following MUA i was able to get to about 110...
  10. J

    TKR Pain/swelling at 14 months

    Hey Kipper hope you are finding some relief. We are close to the same date but your ROM is way beyond mine. We seem to be having the same issues. To make it short my surgery was July 18 2023. MUA Sept 2023. My one year appointment was in July and ROM was and is 115 but I am able to get it...
  11. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    Thank you Jamie I will give them a call and see if we can set up something. I can’t thank you enough for the suggestion. I could deal with the lack of ROM but this swelling, heat and constant pain is just not ok at all. I get through it but it’s a huge struggle every day!! Especially given...
  12. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    I am actually not in therapy any more. I didn’t know about the DPA and am going to check into that. A little additional information I should provide is that I had a surgery I think called Elmslie-Trillat procedure to realign my knee cap probably 20 years ago. My current knee Dr. said the...
  13. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    Thank you all for you very helpful replies, ideas and suggestions. I definitely want to get a second opinion and will gladly travel to do so. I am in the Topeka Kansas area but again I would take any help in finding a highly reputable revision specialist no matter where they are.. James
  14. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    Hello everyone. Well I am writing this at 11:30 at night. This pain, swelling and clunking is just overwhelming. So I have endlessly read and researched my diagnosis of “Patella Baja” on this forum and everywhere else I can find. My Dr. says no to revision. Could just be that he won’t...
  15. J

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    Thank you for the reply’s. I will continue to research. This is so discouraging. If I find anything intriguing I’ll let you know and I hope you will do the same. James
Back
Top Bottom