Recent content by IronGirl6

  1. IronGirl6

    THR The Cyborg Buildout Continues…

    One thing I left out of my update is two days ago I woke myself up around 2am… I’d been stretching and flexing - kind of cat like - and heard a big butt CLUNK. Scared the heck out of me. I got to my feet thankfully I could walk fine - but had a kind of burning weird feeling. My amazing doc took...
  2. IronGirl6

    THR The Cyborg Buildout Continues…

    Omg total “princess and pea” vibes walking on uneven surfaces and acorns! I was about to air blow the driveway when my neighbor came over to ask if he could collect the acorns for his goats!! So my pathway is clear - what a blessing!
  3. IronGirl6

    THR The Cyborg Buildout Continues…

    Hey checking in. Little diary progress entry. I put my walker away two days ago (2 weeks out), have crutches if I get any sensitive moments but haven’t used them. So doc gave permission to try: •driving on our property •walking on unpaved ground •a little walking on paved hills •a few...
  4. IronGirl6

    THR The Cyborg Buildout Continues…

    Checking in - I’m 8 days post and am doing remarkably well! Recovering first few days in a nearby hotel was fun - the hotel staff got excited watching me progress in speed and ability w my walker down the hallways, so I had fun with that. The ride home and subsequent need to walk endless...
  5. IronGirl6

    THR The Cyborg Buildout Continues…

    Well I’m night two post surgery - I forget do I ask for this thread ro be moved? Or someone does for me? Or I start anew in the post section? I blame the meds! So far so good - a lot of swelling kicked in mid day day 2; not terribly surprising. Have pro ice am doing fish ar market...
  6. IronGirl6

    THR The Cyborg Buildout Continues…

    Love the surprise gift idea!
  7. IronGirl6

    THR The Cyborg Buildout Continues…

    Oh wonderful thank you so much!
  8. IronGirl6

    THR The Cyborg Buildout Continues…

    So I’m a week out from a right anterior THR with a phenomenal surgeon, nervous - but also looking forward to getting my life back once again. I’ve got a lot of athlete friends who’ve done this and are extremely pleased! I’ve had to do a lot of physical labor this last week as we finish moving...
  9. IronGirl6

    2024 October Feisties’ - Are you having hip surgery in October?

    Just scheduled r thr for Oct 15. 15 years of hip pain after my horse fell on me and I tore my labrum…I’ve done synvisc, mesenchymal stem cells, and 3 rounds of PRP. Ready for this pain to be over! I’d love to talk with other Feisties
  10. IronGirl6

    pre-pre op... and confused

    Hi Everyone, Would greatly appreciate insights and advice on this one. I was here in 2018 getting a TKR... now my hip has decided it wants the spotlight. I was scheduled for a THR last Dec, then my surgeon thought my MRI looked good enough to try biologics. I went for PRP instead. It worked...
  11. IronGirl6

    TKR PCL release post TKR<<

    Hey it’s been a long time! I’m mostly doing very well, just a bit stiffer than I’d like my knee to be. But I have a question - does a TKR make one more prone to ankle swelling after a long car ride? This happened once last year, now twice this week. Hoping it’s not a big deal - I’m pretty active...
  12. IronGirl6

    TKR PCL release post TKR<<

    oh wow, that’s not fun at all. I get the feeling though - I’m a way that’s how I felt prior to PCL release. Now it definitely feels like it isn’t mine a lot of the time - especially compared to my spinal discs which I forget are there. I’ve honestly been so jealous of a few friends who got...
  13. IronGirl6

    TKR PCL release post TKR<<

    No pain during stretching - just stiffness still. I think waiting for that pcl release did a number on me scar tissue wise. It doesn’t hurt when it crunches either - but it sounds like bones and ligaments doing some form of modern jazz lol. It freaks me out as I don’t want to do anything...
  14. IronGirl6

    TKR PCL release post TKR<<

    Well I’m not certain anyone sees my thread anymore - but in case someone does, I’m curious if anyone else has sensitivity in the tibia 2 + years post TKR? Mine can hurt at rest, which seems weird? Also experiencing serious “crunching” when I try to stretch in figure 4 form - which has always...
  15. IronGirl6

    TKR PCL release post TKR<<

    Hi there, question: almost 2 years after my LTKR, and 7 months post PCL release surgery, my function is pretty good - except for 3 things: 1. my patella is popping and dancing in there - which is painful sometimes, clicks sometimes, and mostly makes me fear for the life of the implant, and...
Back
Top Bottom