Recent content by irishkate

  1. irishkate

    BTKR - how to take it all in given 6 weeks notice

    Thank you, thank you, thank you - one and all! I have told my boss who was very understanding. I have only worked for the company for 6 months so FMLA does not cover me. I am the only employee who does my work and no one else depends on my work being done. I have decided that if I lose my job -...
  2. irishkate

    My last thread

    How are you? I go in on the 18th - scared, also. I was hoping to get some insight into the 'after' part from you.
  3. irishkate

    BTKR - how to take it all in given 6 weeks notice

    The time is getting closer - I went to my primary care physician and he laughed at the BTKR - somehow he thought getting them both at once was so funny! I was more than a little disturbed by his demeanor and his laughter. i think i need a new doctor, even though he was the one who got this whole...
  4. irishkate

    BTKR - how to take it all in given 6 weeks notice

    Referee 54 - Thank you for the video...helped a lot! Doesn't look too strenuous - but a little painful..the 'patient' even winces a bit. kprune - Believe me I do CRY - wail at times - only when I am alone and usually after being on my feet all day and in the car on the way home...then I crawl...
  5. irishkate

    BTKR - how to take it all in given 6 weeks notice

    I made it back and BTKR is still a go! Wow - I had no idea there was so many BTKR walking around! :) kprune said "My family and friends just do not understand the daily pain and struggle with 2 bad knees. And I feel like a bother if I want to talk about this with them." I hear ya! The fact that...
  6. irishkate

    BTKR - how to take it all in given 6 weeks notice

    Thank you all! I will be here daily as I have a lot of information to digest. I have been reading and re-reading information on here...even watched a you tube video of actual BTKR - WOW! I am glad that fear is something you have had - my biggest fear is not of the surgery or the pain - heck I've...
  7. irishkate

    BTKR - how to take it all in given 6 weeks notice

    Excited to have no more pain - worried I have the strength left to get through it! Been thinking I am a wimp because of the 'little' arthritis in my knees....finally got so bad - no sleep, no movement, no fun in life - that I went to my doctor - thinking a pill will take care of the pain! HA...
  8. irishkate

    Is weight loss prior to TKR surgery a possible issue to postpone it ?

    Excited to have no more pain - worried I have the strength left to get through it! Been thinking I am a wimp because of the 'little' arthritis in my knees....finally got so bad - no sleep, no movement, no fun in life - that I went to my doctor - thinking a pill will take care of the pain! HA...
  9. irishkate

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    December 18, 2013 - bilateral total knee replacement.
Back
Top Bottom