Recent content by Irish471

  1. Irish471

    TKR Irish471's Recovery Thread

    Last week (March 18) marked my one year kneeversary :cheers: To say that I am glad I did the knee replacement is an understatement. There were lots of ups and downs for the first few months, no doubt about that, but it really has been life changing. I honestly never think about it much at...
  2. Irish471

    PKR PKR or TKR?

    I was scheduled for a partial and ended up with a full. Am totally happy that it worked out the way it did! I left the decision up to my surgeon based on what he found in surgery. It was the right choice for me.
  3. Irish471

    TKR My TKR in 10 days/ Coronavirus. Am very nervous

    @Amy Pour , there’s a lot of anxiety over having a major surgery to begin with. You listened to your gut and you never go wrong when you make a decision that puts your mind at ease. The shots will provide some relief. Hang in there!
  4. Irish471

    PKR He said he might do PKR

    For what it’s worth, I was scheduled for a pkr and ended up with a tkr and I am so glad it ended up being that way! I trusted my OS to make the call once he took a look at things in surgery. I told him I didn’t want to be back in the OR in a few years. Give me something that will last a long...
  5. Irish471

    Bilateral TKR Lounge Doctor?

    The Lounge Doctor is SO worth the money. I still use it one year later :) :-) (:
  6. Irish471

    TKR Surgery cancelled today!

    Better safe than sorry! This Coronavirus is really creating havoc right now!
  7. Irish471

    TKR Outpatient pros and cons

    I personally loved the care I received in the hospital and didn’t want to go home right away. I also knew I had two very large flights of stairs to contend with when I returned home.
  8. Irish471

    TKR Irish471's Recovery Thread

    @Lindylee and @Rockgirl4, yes, lots of unexpected things and now the threat of coronavirus for 2020. Hope everyone stays healthy :beg:
  9. Irish471

    TKR Irish471's Recovery Thread

    @Celle , we have yet another thing in common! Thank you for sharing your experience very encouraging! @Jamie , yes, it’s so important to listen to your body. I know doctors hate it when patients google their symptoms, but if I hadn’t, I would have continued on for God knows how long not...
  10. Irish471

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    @jboles, I decided to make a new post about recovery and took a look around to see a few familiar faces and saw your post. I am so sorry! It is so frustrating when our recoveries get hampered by unexpected things. A while back, you posted an X-ray that showed a tilted kneecap. I am wondering is...
  11. Irish471

    TKR Irish471's Recovery Thread

    Hi everyone! I am coming up on almost one year. I have had a difficult year, but mostly due to other health issues. I am currently recovering from parathyroid surgery. After my October kidney stone surgery, I just felt like there was something else going on. I had days where I felt okay and...
  12. Irish471

    TKR Irish471's Recovery Thread

    Hi Bonesmarties! It’s been a while. I am at 7 months now. Woohoo!!! Things with the knee are going great I am doing the stairs just fine now. My tolerance for standing is good and I hardly ever think about the knee at all. I am actually considering an attempt at my favorite activity... hiking...
  13. Irish471

    TKR Lindylee's RTKR 20 January 2020

    @Lindylee , it's good to see an update from you! Glad it's been going well and hope that other knee holds up for you. I couldn't imagine doing my other knee within the first year. I would if I had to, but thankfully, it's been surprisingly okay! I hear you about the stairs. That's the last...
  14. Irish471

    Revision TKR Elaine’s slow-as-a-snail revision recovery

    @Thatlldo , love the mantra! I have used that one, too. At the time, I was on a weight loss journey and wasn't really thrilled about exercising. I saw someone at the gym struggling with an injury but they were there doing it, pushing forward. That's when I said, you know what, rough with the...
Back
Top Bottom