Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

TKR Anyone's surgery been cancelled due to Coronavirus

Nelly

Country
United States United States
My surgery is scheduled for April 3rd and they just cancelled a class that was mandatory so I'm wondering if the surgery is next.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
@Nelly - You need to talk to your surgeon about this.

In the meantime, try to keep yourself free of any infection - not just Covid-19.
Wash your hands (20 seconds), avoid touching your face, use sanitizer if a sink is not available, and keep space between yourself and others.
When you arrive home, wash your hands, and then your face, use lotion after washing your hands to keep them drying out with frequent hand washing.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Cancelled "elective" procedures is already happening here in the UK. I'm afraid this is going to happen more and more as beds are needed for treatment. Hang in there - your day will come.

DJL1967

Country
Canada Canada
Yes it is something that has me concerned as well. I am expecting to go in for bilaterals sometime early/late spring but now the possibility of elective surgeries being cancelled I know I will be pushed back a few months. For the mean time I will follow all recommendations and try to keep myself safe and healthy.

pamsknees

Country
My hospital called & left me a message changing their policy on visitors to only one & they will be screened. My son is supposed to come help me for 2 weeks , but now all military leaves are cancelled- he’s appealed it & we are waiting to find out. My surgery is Mon

Miggie

Country
My surgery that was scheduled for March 31 was cancelled yesterday.

Starsfan22

Country
The govt. has called for all elective surgeries to be postponed. We need the hospital rooms, staff, supplies to save lives. You don't want to be near a hospital right now

Amy Pour

Country
My surgery got cancelled too. Due to Coronavirus

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Harryrightknee
Recent bookmarks