Recent content by IOWAGIRL58

  1. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    Jennszoo, the resting, icing and elevating is enough to drive any of us crazy. How well I know. This surgery has turned me into a homebody. Lol I have decided to make no further plans to attend any events until after I reach my 4 month post op point. Have had to cancel on all of them since...
  2. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    SusieShoes, I will be telling my surgeon that I see no reason to return for several months since there is no point. He and I don't agree on PT and I don't see that changing as he has his viewpoints and I have mine, we just aren't on the same page. Glad to hear you have good ROM and are...
  3. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    My OS will know that I quit PT as my PT emails him progress reports regularly so am sure my therapist has told him I quit PT. I don't care though as what I do is my choice not my surgeons. I am not even sure why I am going to the appointment as nothing will materialize from it. Lol
  4. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    kmak81230, sounds like we are close to reach other on the progress level and emotional state. Sorry to hear you still have some sleep issues. My sleep issues immediately straightened out when I quit the pain killer narcotics. Hope it gets better for you. I hope you continue to progress in your...
  5. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    Well I stopped all exercises and PT 2 weeks ago and do lots of icing and elevating. Good news is inflammation has improved quite a bit. I feel confident that I am on the right path to recovery. All thanks to Bonesmart!!! Thanks to you all for helping and advising me. My depression is under...
  6. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    Good luck in your progress. It will be interesting for us to follow each other's recovery since we're only 1 day apart on our surgeries. I am a little concerned since I have lost some ROM since stopping exercises despite some improvement on inflammation. My knee is very stiff but no pain to...
  7. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    I finally spoke to my therapist today and gave him the news that I had stopped all exercises this past Thursdsy and am not doing anymore PT at this time. He responded exactly as I thought he would. He said as long as I am willing to accept the risk of losing ROM that I may never regain due to...
  8. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    @Josephine I am doing the ankle rolls because my foot and ankle is hurting to relieve the aching not for anti clogging. They feel good. I thought a few heel slides were advised on this forum a few times a day. Done lying in bed, 5 Times and hold for 10 seconds. Did I misunderstand? thanks...
  9. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    Thanks KarriB, as hearing your story puts my mind at ease. All this is new to me and the unknown can cause me fear and anxiety. Appreciate your helping me to quit worrying about it.
  10. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    Thanks as I will probably be needing all the support I can get. I have a long road to travel in this recovery process. I pray the "no exercises and more icing and elevating" approach works for me!!! I like having this forum as it is very helpful plus encouraging to know that I am not alone on...
  11. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    I have now stopped all exercises as you suggested except for heel slides every couple hours and I do ankle pumps or foot rotations when in recliner. I totally agree with what you are saying. I blame the excessive exercising for my severe and persistent swelling. I am now understanding the...
  12. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    1. pain levels No pain only swelling and stiffness so I would say "1". 2. pain medications I no longer am taking any prescription pain medications. Quit them a couple weeks ago. I only take Tylenol for achyness in the backside of my knee and calves. Achyness in backside of knee caused from...
  13. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    Does this include me bending it by forcing it forward on the step exercise? Should I not do that? I am going to request he stops manipulating it as it does not benefit me in the end and does cause it to get severely swollen and stiff. People talk about massaging but my therapist doesn't do...
  14. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    Thanks Celle so much for taking the time to give me so much advice. That is very kind of you to help me. As you can tell, I am stressing with the surgeon scaring me with his beliefs on ROM. I will look for Josephine to advise me on exercises I am doing. I need to figure out what my plan is this...
  15. IOWAGIRL58

    TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

    I am fortunate that I am retired so do not have the worry of returning to work. That has to be stressful for you to find the balance between work and recovery. I am so stressing over cutting back and losing what I have gained. With today being the very 1st day I did no exercises, I am in fear I...
Back
Top Bottom