Recent content by inthebeginning

  1. inthebeginning

    Rotator Cuff Repair My Shoulder/Rotator Cuff Journey

    How did I not think about a shoulder thread!!??!!?? I've had two hip journeys here but did not post once about my shoulder. June 17, 2022. Headed out for one of my usual bike rides. Out around 9AM before the temperature climbed up to 95F. A quick ride up and over some hills with a gravel trail...
  2. inthebeginning

    Revision THR Another Second Chance

    Thanks Elf. Maybe I’ll schedule a visit with the hip doc during my next visit with the shoulder doc as they are both in the same practice.
  3. inthebeginning

    Revision THR Another Second Chance

    Approaching the 4 year mark in a few months. A few thousand miles on the bicycle behind me I’m looking forward to getting back in the saddle. Unfortunately had an accident last June that completely ripped the rotator cuff on my right shoulder. Repaired in July with several months of rehab when a...
  4. inthebeginning

    Revision THR Another Second Chance

    Just had my 6 month check-up. All is well, “see you at the one year mark.” Since my revision in April, I was cleared to get back on my bike in early June. Since then, I have logged 650 miles riding my bike! :biking: In other news, where is the Tapatalk Bonesmart forum? Can’t seem to find it.
  5. inthebeginning

    Revision THR Another Second Chance

    Since my last visit back on Aug 23rd, I have continued moving and shaking! Never forgetting any of you. Spending more time chatting with my Cardiac Athletes these days. Also trying to work towards that elusive 100 mile bike ride next month for my 6 month anniversary! :shocked: Will keep you all...
  6. inthebeginning

    Revision THR Another Second Chance

    I was just writing to you all! Thought you forgot me. :bawl:
  7. inthebeginning

    Revision THR Another Second Chance

    Well, it’s happened. Today is 4 months and I almost forgot! Just another day. 10 miles on the bike, mowed the lawn, yada yada yada...I stopped by my PT and cancelled my next appointment. It probably wouldn’t have been my last anyway. I’ve been able to build the strength in my quad on my own...
  8. inthebeginning

    Revision THR Another Second Chance

    @Layla Thanks! I am at home on my bike. We have such a wonderful network of recreation trails here in the Denver metro. I didn’t touch one road the whole time! Tons of other bikes and runners. @Elf1 I have only gone farther once before!
  9. inthebeginning

    Revision THR Another Second Chance

    I guess my recovery is still going on, at least that’s what it says on paper and in the BS guides. Supposed to be for about 12 months. Yesterday, Day 114, I rode my bike 55 miles! No problems with the hip at all! Just quads on both legs were close to failure towards mile 40. I may have to...
  10. inthebeginning

    Revision THR Another Second Chance

    @Layla I say ‘little staircase’ because we have a much larger incline down in Colorado Springs. 2,000 foot elevation gain in less than a mile with over 2,700 stairs! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manitou_Incline We went to the mall afterwards for school shopping and lunch! @Mojo333 I have...
  11. inthebeginning

    Revision THR Another Second Chance

    Thanks @Mojo333 but don’t get too far ahead of me! It’s only been 3 months. Gave the hardware a new test today. Went to a little staircase called the Castle Rock Mini Incline with my daughter. We climbed it twice...
  12. inthebeginning

    Revision THR Another Second Chance

    Thanks @Mojo333 Summer is almost over in these parts! Kids go back to school on Aug 7! Then I’ll really start cranking up the mileage :biking: PT last night had me lay on my side on the table. Keeping hips 90° to the table, extend leg back, keeping it straight to check ROM. First attempt...
  13. inthebeginning

    Revision THR Another Second Chance

    Awwww! @Layla thanks. It’s almost like I’ve forgotten already. Just a little weakness in the rectus femoris is all I’m dealing with. That’s one of the biggest muscle in the quadriceps group. It was also the tendon that doc released when he was doing my revision. I've already passed my total...
  14. inthebeginning

    THR Early Birthday

    I think we all need a brainocologist in this place! :loll:
Back
Top Bottom