Recent content by inPAIN50

  1. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    I am an open book.....please ask whatever you'd like.
  2. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    Hello all, I haven't posted here since a few months after my tkr. Others areas of "life" have taken over. Anyway, I had a difficult recovery - lots of pain with aggressive PT, not adequate pain relief, and not being "proactive" with aggressive home therapy (said my OS). So here I am, over a...
  3. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    Josephine......just wanted to wish you good luck on your shoulder surgery this Monday. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
  4. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    I looked up the fentanyl patch side effects. They even have forums for that! One contributor said he/she was told to get Flonase spray, and apply to patch area, and rub in and let dry....THEN apply a new patch.....and they NEVER had a skin reaction again. I am getting some Flonase, and trying...
  5. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    Put on my 1st 3-day patch Wednesday afternoon.....and right on cue, I started feeling really nauseous about 10 hours later. Had to take something for it, and didn't sleep all night. But I was up ALL day, running errands (knee wrapped in an Ace bandage)........with very little pain (none in the...
  6. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    I FINALLY got my fentanyl prescription! I know it may the a day or two to feel the full effects, but I am hopeful that I will have some relief (and much-needed sleep) soon!
  7. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    Another "disclosure"......I have been in school for YEARS.....trying to finish with a degree in Nursing, medical assisting, and ultrasound. Got close, but couldn't finish because of my many surgeries and life (marriage, having / raising my son, and divorce). Heck I have enough education to be an...
  8. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    I think it just depends on the person....I have taken Tylenol pm with my pain meds every night for years. With my chronic pain (shoulders, back, and neck), I seem to need a little more than usual. And it takes 60-90 minutes to kick in. I updated my signature, because I wanted "full...
  9. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    Just cancelled ALL P/T until further notice (or forever). BenU.....I take benadryl (tylenot pm) every night...2 with my 5mg of percocet. But lately, it hasn't helped. Usually after tossing and turning for several hours, I then take 2 Aleve PLUS 3 more benadryl (without the Tylenol).....I then...
  10. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    I thought I would try and upload some pics of (both) knees, for comparison. There really is no swellinfpg to speak of. I do notice that my TKR knee is slightly more reddish than the other one. And my varicose veins bulb more (I didn't have this many or this big before the surgery). And the...
  11. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    Because of all of the healing words and advice, I have decided to cancel all of my P/T appointments (2 weeks worth), and do a lot of elevating and ice. Two painful and stiff days following my last session on Thursday, have convinced me I need to do this. Hopefully, when I see my OS on August 16...
  12. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    Thank you to all who have shared recovery stories with me. It has given me hope that all will get better....with time and patience (which has never been one of my virtues). I AM going to take (at least) a week off, and see if my pain doc will let me try Tramadol. Fingers crossed, I will have...
  13. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    I guess the that seems so different for rehab around these parts (the state of Delaware), is that they have us doing therapy (the kind that hurts) from the day after surgery! The long term block was still working, so the therapist had me going from a walker to a cane in the first session! And my...
  14. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    Just an update......I went to my pain doc Thursday, because I had now gone 8 days without more that a couple hours of sleep each night. Plus, I was so exhausted, that I backed my car into another car in my driveway. About a thousand dollars damage to each car! Just glad I wasn't out on the road...
  15. inPAIN50

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    The "dustep" was a typo......its a Nustep machine.....a sitting stepper........I do feel it helps loosen me up before the rest of my therapy. Also, the pool exercises are not bad.....a total of 20 min.......to get my knee warmed up before the rest of the therapy. My therapist gently moves my...
Back
Top Bottom