Recent content by Indiesmom

  1. Indiesmom

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    I thought I had posted this question, but can't find it. Has anyone had issues with their coccyx after surgery? I was in my recliner most of the time for the first 10 days after surgery. After a few days I noticed my tailbone was sore when sitting, especially when leaning back or even when lying...
  2. Indiesmom

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    I really appreciate your encouraging words and sharing your personal story. Although I believe I have a very skilled surgeon, he is not good at communication unless you ask a specific question. I really was not given any information on what to expect in recovery (until after the surgery at the...
  3. Indiesmom

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    Hi Benne68 You asked for articles I read. Below are just some of the articles I read. What got me trying to research it was the simple (and mostly not reliable) AI response I got when I typed in "is cemented or uncemented hip replacements better for people over 65". I know that the AI responses...
  4. Indiesmom

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    I am still using a cane and occasionally the walker. I will be 10 weeks post op this Friday. If I try and walk with no aids, my operated leg in painful in the thigh mainly, and some in the knee. I cannot walk unaided without a very bad limp, so I don't do it. To bear full weight on that leg is...
  5. Indiesmom

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    Had my 6 week follow-up yesterday. I had questions for my surgeon about the thigh, knee and shin pain I have been having when walking, and if it was normal at this stage. My surgeon is very (overly) confident in his surgeries. He can be quite cocky at times, but not in a mean way. He always...
  6. Indiesmom

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    Deep down, I know you are right. It can get concerning when I read about all these folks talking about walking unassisted after 2 or 3 weeks and no pain. I am happy for them; it just makes me go down a rabbit hole of over worrying. Thank you for your reassuring words! I'll keep going back and...
  7. Indiesmom

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    I really appreciate all the encouragement from all of you. I am now 4 weeks and 2 days out. My hip still has no pain. Unfortunately my knee is not any better. Yesterday I thought I was turning a corner with it, but today, I am back to pain when walking and the feeling it will give out if I try...
  8. Indiesmom

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    Hi Layla, My THR was on October 31, 2025. I did start PT last week. Just one mild session. Have another one today. Right now just once a week. Started exercises where I tighten my thigh and glute muscles and hold for 5 seconds. Also Supine Heel Slide with strap, supine hip adduction isometric...
  9. Indiesmom

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    Welcome Indiesmom. For the time being you need to take time to heal. This is not a quick recovery for most of us. And if it hurts when using cane keep using walker. You cannot rush this recovery. I’m sure someone from the wonderful staff will get you started here.
  10. Indiesmom

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    I am 3 and half weeks post posterior right hip replacement surgery. I am still on a walker. At week 2, I was moving pretty good with walker and thought I would move to a cane soon; but close to the 3 week mark I started having bad thigh and knee pain when walking. I have no pain sitting or lying...
Back
Top Bottom