Recent content by indie

  1. I

    MUA 5 weeks Post op TKR

    Hi @mxmotomom381 I went through majority of your posts, and summed it up, Its about pain, aggressive PT, and ROM. I also went through same. Listening to collective wisdom of all the angels of bonesmart, I slowed down, rested a lot, and with gentle stretches, tried to recover. Every one is...
  2. I

    TKR Left TKR...a Decade of Change.

    very lucky, helped by your pleasant disposition. :)
  3. I

    Revision TKR 15 months post-op. Still in pain.

    Oh my god. You suffered unnecessary for so long.................. Why such surgeon are not questioned by their regulatory bodies????? :scratch:
  4. I

    TKR Journey of a slow healer

    RIGHT ON:ok:
  5. I

    TKR Journey of a slow healer

    @Tentcamper your PT, may help you with soft massage around knee, soft tissue massage from ankle toward hips, and if can tolerate than deep tissue massage. This will help fluids retained around knee to pass out. Also may prevent adhesion around patella and implant. Swelling will lessen. Try to...
  6. I

    TKR Journey of a slow healer

    Sorry, for your challenges. I can understand and feel, what you are going through. I had feeling of tight band in my whole thigh above knee, couldn't bend my knee. Very very painful even to use raised toilet. I used to rest operated leg on small table. Later on I tried to more of 1. ankle...
  7. I

    TKR recovery since 24th march

    Hey completed 3rd month, (crucial, if someone has infection), though I had none. HIP PIP HURRAY Got my physiotherapist appointment for left knee replacement, on July 10th. I prefer to get it done in March 2024, as its the best time for indoor recovery, while it is wintery outside in Toronto. By...
  8. I

    TKR recovery since 24th march

    Yes but listening for using pounds of weight on 13 day etc was not worth following, which I did and got into trouble. yes, learned at Bonesmart. A big thanks to all of you. Yes I want to be part of you guys, :fasthorse:
  9. I

    TKR recovery since 24th march

    Amazing, how much rest helps. It was truly very difficult to listen to and follow bonesmart ways of recovery path. Listened to DOC, PT and other past knee replacement patients. They were drilling same and same concept. "Window of opportunity". Leaving aggressive PT was best suggestion. Once...
  10. I

    TKR Eight Days and...

    On suggestions of many from Bonesmart, I have cancelled appointments with PT and changed PT too. If want to keep appointment, work around calf muscle and do not irritate it more. Only rest will improve it further. Soft massage may help.
  11. I

    TKR Journey of a slow healer

    whooo hooo just enjoy your sleep, you will recover better than us probably,
  12. I

    TKR recovery since 24th march

    @Layla It was my first experience with incontinence, and hence was so shocked that i couldn't share my fears and pain to anyone. Read lot of researches on incontinence due to exercise, tried mild pelvic exercise. Thanks to God, I am over it. And now afraid to do ROM exercise. Still afraid to...
  13. I

    TKR recovery since 24th march

    The resting has helped overcome incontinence, and pain. I am so lucky to be member of this group. I was feeling very guilty, for resting but it paid off. Thanks Bonesmart. Now doing home chorus and cooking. with very mild exercises. Use OTC pain relief tube, back compression belt and Tylenol...
  14. I

    TKR recovery since 24th march

    Yes long 2 months, but not so bad. Thank you @Layla Yaa resting since 14 may. Today started mild exercise.
Back
Top Bottom