Recent content by imahaak

  1. imahaak

    TKR Just got home

    Thanks for the encouraging words. I need those today!
  2. imahaak

    TKR Just got home

    2 weeks postop! Today I had my first physio appointment, pretty overwhelming. She said I was doing well, but that I have a lot of work ahead of me. I'm only able to get 82 degrees of flexion, before surgery I was at 110. The PT assigned me 11 different exercises of 10 repetions 3 times a day...
  3. imahaak

    TKR Just got home

    Quick update. I'm still doing pretty good. My biggest challenge is finding the balance of how much to do and when to stop and rest. I have never been one to sit still so resting is a bit of a challenge. Yesterday I had my first outing. I accompanied my daughter to Drs appointment she is having...
  4. imahaak

    TKR Just got home

    My first week of recovery is behind me! I must say I'm feeling pretty good. I continue to ice and elevate my knee, do my exercises and take pain meds as needed, and of course rest. Sleeping has not been to bad, I usually wake up once to use the bathroom and then again to take some pain meds. I'm...
  5. imahaak

    TKR Just got home

    Hey Skigirl, No fracture in the new knee! I guess it sounds funny to be going to the fracture clinic for a follow up appointment. The clinic is in the hospital where I had the surgery, I will see my surgeon there. The visit after that will take place in his office. I must say my knee feels...
  6. imahaak

    TKR Just got home

    Had a great nights sleep on my first night home. I got up once to use the loo and to take some pain mess at 2:30. I then slept right through until 7 am. I guess it was a good thing coming home from the hospital sooner than I thought I should. On today's agenda, make doctors appointment for...
  7. imahaak

    TKR Just got home

    Thanks everyone, I'm turning in for the night after Tylenol and ice.
  8. imahaak

    TKR Just got home

    Thanks for your advice and encouraging words. I guess I just needed to vent. I feel a little better now that I've had a nap. My surgeon was excellent and the hospital care was good. The discharge instructions were minimal I wasn't told about elevating or icing, or how much activity I should be...
  9. imahaak

    TKR Just got home

    Just got home, after having my right knee replaced on Monday, so I'm 2 days post op. I didn't feel ready to go home, but they told me since I could do stairs it was time to go. Needless to say I'm feeling exhausted and weepy. To top it off I had to wait in the car for over an hour while the...
  10. imahaak

    2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Total knee replacement January 25th, 1 week from today! I'm nervous but looking forward to getting my mobility back.
Back
Top Bottom