Recent content by Iknit

  1. Iknit

    TKR TKR today. Now post-op

    @newlybionic I'm doing well, thank you! It's one week today that I had surgery. Today was the first day I spent a few hours in the living room in a recliner and visited with a friend. THEN it caught up with me...pain and exhaustion. I'm in bed with ice, elevation. And my oxy. I fall asleep...
  2. Iknit

    TKR TKR today. Now post-op

    Dear @becticu ... i can't even read or follow an audiobook yet. So I'm relaxing. Weird concept! :)
  3. Iknit

    TKR TKR today. Now post-op

    Just an update. POST Op Day #5. Learning still about rest and not pushing it. Removed pain ball cath today per Dr's orders. MY how I now can feel my lower quads! :( Reading and re-reading the articles and guidelines. Icing. Elevating. Resting. Compressing. Exercises as instructed, but very...
  4. Iknit

    TKR TKR today. Now post-op

    Hi everyone. Thank you for the kind wishes and thoughts. You were correct about the transfer home being exhausting. And the brain fog!!!! So i will reply to posts another day, and support and encourage the other July Sparklers once my brain fog lifts a wee bit more. Good night :sleep: This old...
  5. Iknit

    TKR TKR today. Now post-op

    Heading home. Feeling ok. TEDs on and Dunkins in my hand. Can't wait to nap. Will reread the guidelines once I get some more sleep. :sleeep:
  6. Iknit

    TKR TKR today. Now post-op

    I was told I'd be going home 26 hrs after surgery. My body said NO and I listened
  7. Iknit

    TKR TKR today. Now post-op

    I was put in my place. My adductor nerve block cath came out. Went back to preop to have a new one placed with ultrasound. Now I'm numb and not ready to go anywhere! And I am THANKFUL to have been made to slow down. I passed all my PT walking, safer and stairs. Have my CPM machine and...
  8. Iknit

    TKR TKR today. Now post-op

    @sistersinhim and @Josephine :thankyou:You are both correct! Thank you for reminding me that I am NOT the nurse, but the patient that needs to heal. I think I was just plowing through on pain meds.
  9. Iknit

    TKR TKR today. Now post-op

    I appreciate the info! I'll be sure to read this tomorrow. Much appreciated!!!!:thankyou:
  10. Iknit

    2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Thank you. Went well so far. ;)
  11. Iknit

    2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Thank you Thank You! Mine was today. Can't sleep, too wired. I worried a lot, and now I see I didn't need to be so nervous, but it's normal. We're here for you!!:wave:
  12. Iknit

    2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    We're here for You! (I had mine today and I worried waaaaaay too much beforehand!) It's normal to be apprehensive. Thinking of you as you prepare!
  13. Iknit

    2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Thinking of you! We're here for ya!!!
  14. Iknit

    TKR TKR today. Now post-op

    Hello... I did it! Had my right TKR at noon today (7/7). I must say, for the first 12 hours, I've been presently surprised. Feom admission, to preop, OR and post op. Great encouraging staff for the first two shifts. Here's a run down: * loved the anesthesia. Block for behind the knee, naropon...
  15. Iknit

    2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Hello! I'm having a right TKR this Friday, July 7th. I'm a 53 yo nurse director. And just this week I'm getting a bit overwhelmed now that the week is here. Usually I coordinate care for those having this surgery. I think I'm ready as I can be! Nice to join you all here. I'm rooting for you...
Back
Top Bottom