Recent content by Icespirit5

  1. Icespirit5

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    Went to my annual follow up with my OS. The hip itself is doing great! I do however have some tendonitis around it as well as piriformis spasms. He has sent me to some PT for that and to get some more gait training. As for my knees, he refered me to a sports med doc. He took xrays, and thank the...
  2. Icespirit5

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    Well, I finally rescheduled my follow up. It will be a in July, so hopefully everything is doing what it is suppose to healing wise and Ill be able to ask about my knee. Ive started wearing a kind of compression brace after I walk and that has helped a lot. It will be just over a year that Ive...
  3. Icespirit5

    THR Cstinchcomb's Right Hip Recovery

    Wishing you the best! Cant wait to hear from you once youre on the recovery end!
  4. Icespirit5

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    @Layla thanks! Actually, I just still have a limp in general. It is more apparent as the day goes on and becomes more fatigued. I at least can say I think it is better than it was 3 months ago.
  5. Icespirit5

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    Well, it has been almost a full year since my THR. I still cant believe it. So for the full update, number 1 on the list is that I can now ride a bike!! That was one of my big goals and I am so thrilled! My range of motion is so much better as well (I can sit normally without strain in cars and...
  6. Icespirit5

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    @Layla he didnt say much. He did seem a little concerned. He asked me where it hurt, and I did my best to explain it. I dont know if it is still because of muscle weakness or the fact that there is still a gap.
  7. Icespirit5

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    Well I had another follow up today. I think it went well. I didnt have to wait forever which was nice, so I didnt get quite as tongue tied and was able to express/ask what I needed to :cheers: that for me is a big sucess. My bone is growing into the part really well. I still have a gap where...
  8. Icespirit5

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    Question / concern So Im steadily trying to walk more for longer durations. An issue Im having when walking (aside from a bit of a limp) is some upper back pain. The spot is probably about the size of a gold ball, is in my mid upper back (not quite to my shoulder blades), and slightly left of my...
  9. Icespirit5

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    Thanks @Jaycey , @Mojo333 , and @Layla Yeah I guess I just need to be more patient. @Mojo333 I really liked that post. @Layla changing my expectations is probably where I need to start. I have been trying to keep busy and that helps me not sit on my butt all evening after work and keeps my mind...
  10. Icespirit5

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    Thanks @Layla I have started back at work and have been quite busy. 1 week of school can sure wear one out. Update: I am doing alright. I still have a slight limp, am going to physical therapy, and struggle a lot with abduction. I haven't been able to go to the park yet and walk like I use to...
  11. Icespirit5

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    Thanks @Layla I have been feeling better the past few days. I went ahead and contacted their office and got a few questions answered and requested my most recent x-ray. Once I get it I may try and post it. I never thought about asking for office notes. I may do that next week.
  12. Icespirit5

    THR Made it around the corner

    I am with you on over doing it in the pool! I had no idea and then the next few days, bam! I was so sore. Oh well we've learned :loll:
  13. Icespirit5

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    I had my first follow up appointment today. It could have gone better. I think they expected me to be a little further along than I am now. I still have a pretty significant limp. Plus, after xrays it showed Ive got some bone not growing back as fast as he'd like so I have to go back in 6 weeks...
  14. Icespirit5

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    So I have my first follow up appointment this Wednesday (whoohoo! 6 weeks almost down!). What should I expect? What questions should I ask? Thanks
  15. Icespirit5

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    Thanks @Evi I have been trying to ice more for sure. Thanks @Layla I am doing well I think. I have been walking unaided for just barely a week now. I am limping but it has gotten significantly better than the first several days off it. I have really seen a difference the past couple of days. I'm...
Back
Top Bottom