I’m 10 weeks out from left TKR. Today for the first time I’m experiencing a repeated sharp pain on the front of my shin just below the knee. It feels as though someone is sticking a needle in there (in the same exact spot over and over) and it comes and then disappears just as quick. It’s not...
PT has cleared me to do what I want. He doesn’t see me causing any exercise-induced setbacks at this point. I walked 2 miles Tuesday night and it felt so good to actually “exercise”. 6 weeks ago I couldn’t walk down my street without limping in pain and that was WITH my knee brace. Two miles...
Soon will be 5 weeks out from left TKR. I’m really happy with my progress. This week I had a couple of days when I felt super good and that’s always nice. (I did not go out and over do it on those days. LOL) I’m still icing for 45-60 minutes 2 to 3 times a day though my swelling is much...
@Jaycey as a matter of fact I am reducing to twice a week going forward and I am going to rest the heck out of my knee this weekend. Thank you as always for the support and advice.
:holysheep:Boy oh boy is my patella aching tonight! Keeps waking me up. I haven’t had this bad of a night in a while so this is throwing me for a loop! Ice ✅ Elevate ✅ Tylenol ✅ Recliner ✅. I’m just so tired and discouraged. Come on sleep. Take me away.
24 days out from left TKR. All is well. I’m strengthening in PT which feels great. ROM up to 118/0 on a good day. I’m back to work part time at my desk job and continuing outpatient PT three times a week. Life is feeling a little more normal for me which is really nice. I am still avoiding...
@eaglemom thank you for the wisdom. While I’ve been lucky so far, I’ve been careful not to get too crazy. Tomorrow will be three weeks from surgery and I’m still doing great. I had my 3 week post op visit with my OS today. He was impressed with my progress and said I could be a poster child for...
Outpatient PT was awesome! I’ve been going to the same PT practice for almost 20 years on and off so it was quite fun to walk in there on Thursday with no assistance and to see the looks on their faces. I was 5 minutes late and they said they were worried I’d been delayed struggling across the...
Still plugging along. Tomorrow will be two weeks already. I never thought I’d admit it but I am sick of remaining inactive. I’m not in much pain at all so what I’d really like to do is go shopping at the mall or go for a long walk around the neighborhood.....however I am being a good girl and...
@Ladyala keep venting! It’s so helpful to get the emotional and physical complaints off your chest in a safe and supportive place such as this forum. Depression can be a sneaky little sucker and it sounds like you realize that, which is half the battle. Forgive yourself, vent, keep being...
Tuesday overnight I skipped my pain med and was fine so I haven’t taken any more Percocet since then. Just ibuprofen and my other regular meds. Home PT has been good. Primarily she’s supervising my exercises and adding new ones each time. Nothing in PT has been painful and good news......she...
I’m a week out from surgery now. :flwrysmile:Pain is managed well and I’m still icing around the clock. :ice: (I’m currently taking one Percocet every 6 hours plus Ibuprofen but the first 3-4 days I took the Percocet two every 6 hours.). My worst discomfort is muscular (calf & quad). The quad...
Swelling is up so I’ve got to me more diligent with my elevating. I’m icing but I wasn’t elevating high enough. Staying on schedule with pain med, keeping a positive attitude and not overdoing it. :)
Surgery day went well. I am in very little pain and have been up walking twice. Nothing strenuous but I’m so proud of myself.! I’ll go home before lunch tomorrow. Thanks for the well wishes and I’ll update again tomorrow.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.