Pumpkin - wanted to let you know you were right on target! I saw my OS on Tuesday, swelling was down somewhat and "bump" behind knee was much smaller. Said it was a Bakers Cyst... just will go away. Knee looked perfect. Thought the cold weather and lack of walking may have contributed , but...
I had RTKR 2/13/17 so I'm almost 1 year. After a rough start I've been doing pretty good and enjoying my new knee. About 2 days ago I started having some swelling and its getting worse. I feel a knot on the back of my knee and it feels a little warm. Also, my calf is sore. Has anyone...
@Crip - belated Happy Birthday. I wanted to share that I had a "Medical Massage" done Wednesday. The therapist worked just on my leg trying to loosen up the lymph nodes and soft tissue that is extremely swollen. After the massage she taped by knee with a beautiful design - supposed to help...
@Crip - I had my RTKR on 13-Feb-2017 so we are the same timeframe and have similar concerns. I still have swelling and the tightness in my knee. I'm still going to PT but have a very gentle PT so don't mind going. I'm not able to take NSAID and felt that was hindering the swelling, but after...
Subject: 3 months - Ankle/Foot Pain
3 months out....I'm still progressing although slowly. Trying to keep my patience....which sometimes is difficult.
I'm at about 105-109 flexion and 0 extension (yay). I'm still going to PT and having returned to work have found it difficult to get in...
Sending a hug and hope your doctor visit went well. We all go through the tears - not sure when it ends. They need to make this the number one requirement to have a knee replacement "Lots of Patience Needed" because that's what it all is about. I understand your frustration with comparing...
@Freesia I hope you are feeling better today. I did a search on lipoedema and your thread came up. I've never been officially diagnosed with lipoedema but I'm pretty sure I have this. I am 9 weeks post op and still have tremendous swelling. Pain isn't bad, just swelling and the feeling of...
Way to go @Angiebaby - excited for your steps to improvements. I'm curious about the acupuncture. Haven't seen that mentioned before as something that will help with flexion. I'm 8 weeks out and at 95, Hoping I'll make it to 110. How wonderful to have the vacation to think about. All the...
Thanks @Clipless and @KarriB for your feedback, interesting. My ROM is 95 but my extension is at 6. It was a 4, then 5 and yesterday 6. PT worked a little too much on it and I had to say STOP which I wouldn't have done before. Today my knee is letting me know it did not like yesterday's...
Admin - please change subject to "Use of CPM" . Thank you.
I've noticed that several have used CPM after surgery. My doctor did not recommend using one. I'm curious to know how those who have used a CPM have done. How is your ROM/Extension ? Also, has anyone used one later in recuperating-...
rayk I posted early today the same scenario 6 weeks and OS wants MUA. It is very confusing. My surgeon is highly respected and has been practicing for over 20 years. So why are so many doctors recommending MUA's?
Admin - please change subject to MUA - Not sure.
Week 6 for RTKR (13-Feb-2017. This has not been the best week for me. Monday started out great and went to PT - low impact, therapist does not push. ROM 88-90 and extension 9. Tuesday morning I woke up with my knee the size of a basketball...
Last night I was starting to have a pity party and came across this thread since I can't seem to get the swelling to disappear (RTKR on 2/13/17). Smcsmc727 thank you for making me laugh, you definitely need to write a book for TKR. Those around me thought for sure I was losing it big...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.