Recent content by Humbleservant

  1. Humbleservant

    THR Left Anterior 8/16/24

    Ice as much as possible! It does wonders!
  2. Humbleservant

    THR Anterior thigh pain, 11 months post op

    I had left thr at 34 years old (3 years ago) and tho I haven’t experienced what your talking about, there were 2 times where i felt something may be wrong and I made appointments with my surgeon each time and they took X-rays and manipulated my left leg to say it was that I needed to stretch...
  3. Humbleservant

    THR Too young for a hip replacement at 24?

    @KKJ18 I am 19 months out of a left THR at 35 years old and returned as a police officer to unrestricted duty! I can tell you I’m so happy I did it verses the pain I was experiencing. I don’t even really feel like I had a thr and have zero pain! I work out and have 4 little ones to chase around...
  4. Humbleservant

    THR Left THR

    @djklaugh thank you. i did message the surgeon and waiting on a call! @Jaycey thanks, I’m a little concerned it may be something more serious, but I hope it’s what you said! I feel no pain standing or walking, sitting or standing! It’s odd that this is going on after the recovery, because...
  5. Humbleservant

    THR Left THR

    Hey all, I’m 1 year and about 3 months post left THR! I’m pretty active and workout most days! Everything’s has been going great until about The last week or 2 I’ve noticed that I can feel click/popping/grinding sounds and feelings going on inside the new hip area and every time I bend over...
  6. Humbleservant

    THR Left THR

    @Layla thank u for the kind and encouraging words! My other hip is no where near as painful as the one I had replaced! I’m hoping to get a decent amount of time out of it before having to get that one done! It’s wonderful getting to play and roll around with the kids pretty much pain free...
  7. Humbleservant

    THR New hip today

    Congrats on the new hip! Wonderful news it seems to have gone well! First week or two can be fairly difficult! But perseverance is key and it all (typically) gets sooooo much better quickly after! Rest and ice!!!!! Ice is your best friend! Looking forward to hearing how your days go! Wishing...
  8. Humbleservant

    THR Left THR

    Just over 8 mos post left thr! I must say the hip is feeling great! Sometimes I try to baby the hip trying to make it feel this good for soooooo much longer and never go back to the way it used to feel lol Still struggle with the motivation to do exercises other than going for walks, playing...
  9. Humbleservant

    THR Left THR

    @Puggles yessssss, the horror of watching shamuuuuu(myself) gimping down the hallway!!!!! Hahaha @Spex10 I was in great shape before surgery! I just got complacent afterwords andmy wife was in 3rd trimester with our 4th child and we chowed down a lot hahaha
  10. Humbleservant

    THR Left THR

    Coming up on 6 months post op and other than UNWANTED weight gain, everything’s going pretty good! Still not comfortable with anything further then a light jog (very quickly just to see how it feels)……… also noticing I still need to pay attention to my gait and heel to toe bc I still catch...
  11. Humbleservant

    THR Police officer in need of THA

    @user138 welcome aboard! I am glad u found this place! What a wonderful help it has been for me and my family, all these wonderful people! I had all the same nerves as you! It took several different meetings with different surgeons until I found the one that supported me and what I wanted for...
  12. Humbleservant

    THR Left THR

    First couple days back the hip was noticeably sore from having all the gear on, but I was as cautious as possible and very aware of my movements I’ll just say that, and with how quick and jerky my movements were! Was hard not to think about the hip when responding to calls! But all is well and...
  13. Humbleservant

    THR Left THR

    @Layla thank you! I appreciate all the encouragement and wisdom from you, @FCBayern and many others!
  14. Humbleservant

    THR Left THR

    @djklaugh they are so excited for another! They said they need more after their little brother arrives! Thank youuuu! Ya my wife jokes about that all the time! Haaaaa
  15. Humbleservant

    THR Left THR

    3 months post LTHR and back to work this coming Tuesday! Over the past month my physical activity levels have sky rocketed and everything feels great! Had my 3 month post op with surgeon and X-ray and everything looked great again and I’m signed off for work! The range of motion in my...
Back
Top Bottom