Recent content by Hshdobb

  1. Hshdobb

    TKR 5 days postop

    Yeah. I’ve been hoarding a bit… taking 5 mg instead of 10 to stretch it out.
  2. Hshdobb

    TKR 5 days postop

    Hi all. I’m 5 days out from right tkr. My thigh is pretty swollen And painful. I have been using ice, ice machine and elevation. My doc only gave me enough oxy for a week. Does that seem like it’s not enough? Ive cut down but I’m going to run out in a few days.
  3. Hshdobb

    2021 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Hi all. I'm back after a few years when I had left TKR. I'm scheduled for right TKR on 10/22 in NYC. I'm hoping it works out a little better this time. Hopeful and nervous is the way I feel. I. Dont need the moon. .I just want to go on some 7 mile hikes again
  4. Hshdobb

    TKR Effusion after tkr

    I had left TKRs in April and still have stiffness and pain. My surgeon ( who is not gifted with personality) only saw me once personally after surgery and said I don’t need to see him anymore. His P.A. Saw me twice before that. I went to another Dr. who is a pain specialist for a series of 3...
  5. Hshdobb

    TKR Effusion after tkr

    I take one 50 mg tramadol 2x day,one 500 mg Tylenol 3 x day, one Advil 375 mg. 2x day
  6. Hshdobb

    Welcome to the April Rainbows' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    Well, my PT evaluated me yesterday after20 sessions.3 times a week. Said my rom was at 133, extension is 1. Said strength was good. I’m going on 9 weeks out now. He said my balance on one leg was poor. ( I said I was always the guy in the yoga class who can’t do the “tree” without holding on to...
  7. Hshdobb

    TKR Effusion after tkr

    At the gym, I do a lot of the things I do in Pt plus upper body which I won’t go into. Bicycle for 10 minutes set on. #6 for hills, leg presses. 40lbs for operative leg x 20 and 80lbs for both legs, hamstring pull machine set on 25lbs big ball with leash I set lower leg over the big ball and...
  8. Hshdobb

    TKR Effusion after tkr

    Not much... a little stretching but I go to gym three days a week.
  9. Hshdobb

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    Yup.. Went for two hour ride on boat this morn8ng...came back exhausted.
  10. Hshdobb

    TKR Effusion after tkr

    How did you do with the Doctor this afternoon, Jean? I get a sharp main on the insid3 of my knee as well. Was wondering what his response was. Thanks, Bill
  11. Hshdobb

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    I have heard it takes longer to schedule it in the U.K. But you would know that. Health insurance considerations too....U.K. Ves U. S.
  12. Hshdobb

    TKR Effusion after tkr

    ok . 1. any where from 3 to 8 or 9. Can get up to 9 with shooting pain on inside of knee. Especially late in the day. 2. Taking Tramadol 50 mg. Try to take only one with an Advil and Tylenol 3 x day. Sometimes I have to take two Tramadol. 3. not swollen 4. my ROM is at 135 and extension is...
  13. Hshdobb

    TKR Effusion after tkr

    I’m glad you can call your surgical asst. My surgeon is “0” on communication. When I saw him the one time after surgery, he basically blew past my questions and said I don’t need to see him anymore.At least reading on this forum, I feel in the company of people sharing a similar experience.thanks.
  14. Hshdobb

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    8 weeks tomorrow for me. One trick I found when I went to a daylong outdoor concert with friends.. I bought a small dry ice nearby and put in a small cooler on top of two ice gel packs. It keeps them frozen for about 24 hours. Rotated them thru the day. It sure helped.When you mention the...
  15. Hshdobb

    TKR Thatlldo's recovery thread

    Well for only 4 1/2 months, looks like your getting it together. Right now, at 8 weeks, I can’t think of doing those agility exercises nor would I have the energy. I am making it to the gym at least 3x week and doing a variety of upper and lower body machines as well as a little spinning.
Back
Top Bottom