Recent content by Hopeless

  1. Hopeless

    TKR Cortisone/Medrol dose pack 5 day

    I have to agree that MUA so early, sounds unrealistic?!! Wow!! It does sound like you are working too hard. Hope you get some rest soon!!
  2. Hopeless

    TKR Not Hopeless now -road to Recovery

    Thanks Jockette and newlybionic. I need to make that heel to toe effort more often I know. Also I have good ROM, at week 5 was 102,, might be useful info. for someone.
  3. Hopeless

    TKR Polyethylene Disease

    Sorry to hear of the problems and pain,,,, and wishing you the best outcome.
  4. Hopeless

    TKR Not Hopeless now -road to Recovery

    Update,,,,, Pain was lessening at 4 weeks post-op, and doing PT at home. Therapist coming to my home 3 X week, until week 5, when she told me "no more using wheelchair" I tried that, not working. Then she said at begin of week 6 I could walk with a cane and ditch the walker. Tried that and now...
  5. Hopeless

    Revision TKR Post good wishes for Jo's knee revision here!

    To Jo, Josephine, Mother Hen ... wishing you all the best for revision surgery, smooth recovery, and days with less and less pain!
  6. Hopeless

    TKR Not Hopeless now -road to Recovery

    I did get a sharpie from them, TG, to write my name on the edge seams as it would not take anywhere else. As anybody with chronic joint pain knows, not all gelpacs are created equal. These would last 3-4 hours before they got lukewarm. So happy now I got that straightened out! I don’t normally...
  7. Hopeless

    TKR Not Hopeless now -road to Recovery

    BTW, Day 5. Is being really ticked off because I brought MY OWN gelpacs for icing, and they disappeared right away. Mad!! I’m in a highly praised rehab facility. Of course there are a lot of aides. Told them they are MINE I brought them with me. Several times they brought me tiny cheap ones that...
  8. Hopeless

    TKR Not Hopeless now -road to Recovery

    guess I can’t master this quote thing! Ok duh I see you had 1 TKR ?
  9. Hopeless

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Not sure if I posted a Pic of my post op KNEE... Day 5, looks awful compared to immediately after surgery which I assume is pretty normal
  10. Hopeless

    Hair Presentation at TKR surgery

    I sympathize with your hair issue. Me & my sisters have “received” fine thinning, partial balding hair from our mother. Summer is the worst when I sweat I look totally bald. Wore bandanas a lot. Finally decided to “let it grow” No stylist needed. It is what it is. I like to bleach it blonde, but...
  11. Hopeless

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    Fitgal, I now see I missed one of your posts, about work,, Hope you Are NOT pushing yourself too much. Take care!
  12. Hopeless

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    Good luck with work Fitgal! Glad to hear you even feel like it, of course be careful. Cheers!
  13. Hopeless

    TKR Not Hopeless now -road to Recovery

    Thank you for encouragement. I think Day 2 was the worst day of my entire life as far as pain. They did double my dose of nor o to 2 10s every 4 hours. I hate morphine and oxycodone so refused them. Had a slight fever 99.6 yesterday and last night, BP jumped, and had no desire for food. Today...
  14. Hopeless

    TKR Not Hopeless now -road to Recovery

    Day 2: Sadly the anesthetic and nerve block have worn off. Pain level feels double now. People at hospital are very nice. Doc said swelling can increase two weeks,,, well I knew it would get worse ,, but not giving up!! Biting the bullet today.
  15. Hopeless

    TKR Not Hopeless now -road to Recovery

    TKR 7:30am, awake at about 10am. In hospital, walked with walker 20 feet. PT too. No nausea. first meal regular food! Brownie for dessert. Feel pretty good, I DO have pain, swelling. Worst pain at the moment is sore butt from hospital bed Nurses said no laying on side because it is not good for...
Back
Top Bottom