Recent content by Hipster48

  1. Hipster48

    THR Hipster48 in recovery

    Thank you for the advice. I’ll try all. I don’t have fleece but gives me an excuse to do some shopping for myself! This itching is bothersome
  2. Hipster48

    THR Hipster48 in recovery

    Anyone have any problems with incision? Mines itching and has a rash. I think wearing jeans last week irritated it. Doctor said to take Zyrtec and an over counter cortisone cream. Driving me crazy now! Any other suggestions?
  3. Hipster48

    THR Hipster48 in recovery

    @Mojo333 Do you remember how you were doing at 6 weeks? Did you get sore when walking to much or standing to much?
  4. Hipster48

    THR Hipster48 in recovery

    @Mojo333 Thank you for checking up on me. Going on 6 weeks soon. Go for my 6 week checkup next week. Because of holiday shopping I’m walking sometimes more than I think I should. I do go to PT but find I’m not doing the exercises daily, because I feel sore. Occasionally will take an Advil...
  5. Hipster48

    THR Hipster48 in recovery

    How soon did you move to your bed. It’s 2 weeks since surgery, saw Doctor today and said I could sleep on my side in bed with a pillow between my legs. I lasted 20 minutes, felt like to much pressure on leg. Now back on recliner.
  6. Hipster48

    THR Hipster48 in recovery

    Maybe that’s part of my problem too. Been concentrating on walking straight up. The bright side is no hip pain! Thank you!
  7. Hipster48

    THR Hipster48 in recovery

    11 days post op. Only on tramadol when needed. Been sleeping in recliner and lately have had lower back pain that keeps me up. Any suggestions? My bed is to high and I have to sleep on my back ( I am a side sleeper)
  8. Hipster48

    THR Hipster48 in recovery

    I like that idea. The weight is the new hip! Thank you!
  9. Hipster48

    THR Hipster48 in recovery

    Thank you Layla. Getting better daily. I get all situated, drink more water, then off to the bathroom again! But I’ll continue!
  10. Hipster48

    THR Hipster48 in recovery

    Been 3 days since surgery. Home the following day. Have the icing machine constantly. I know swelling is expected but is 10lbs normal? Is it still from the fluids in me? Been doing everything as told and weighing daily. Icing and icing and icing!
  11. Hipster48

    THR Hipster48 in recovery

    Ouch today alittle sore! Icing but swelling . Walking around house. PT coming over for visit in 1 hour. Do you gain a lot of weight from fluids? I liked how I felt much better yesterday! Also Percocet makes me nauseous called in some zofran to help with it. I’m not at all over doing it
  12. Hipster48

    THR Hipster48 in recovery

    Had anterior TLHR at 7:30am today. So far so good. Walked 5hrs later and just soreness pain from surgery. No shooting pain!! Thank you everyone for pre- surgery advice, especially on upper body and core strength. It’s been helpful so far as far getting out of bed for bathroom breaks with...
  13. Hipster48

    Recliners or Beds

    Will do! Thank you!
  14. Hipster48

    Recliners or Beds

    Thank you Layla I will keep you posted afterwards!
  15. Hipster48

    Recliners or Beds

    These are all so helpful for me. I really appreciate everyone putting in their own input! I will be so relieved when this is over with and I can give some helpful advice to others!! Thank you!!
Back
Top Bottom