Recent content by HippyHelen

  1. HippyHelen

    Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

    Wow Suzette! What a terrible experience. Thank you for sharing. I am praying for you. I had my right hip replaced anterior last year and am 1 week post op from my left replaced. I would have preferred them both to be done at the same time. My surgeon advised against it. Reading your post gave...
  2. HippyHelen

    THR Another New Hip!!

    Hello. Tomorrow is 1 week post op. Things seem to be progressing pretty well. Can't believe how bruised I am though. Very strange bruise pattern. Much different than last year. Walking with the walker, doing the exercises that the PT prescribed and focused on getting my life back. Sent from...
  3. HippyHelen

    THR Another New Hip!!

    Ok. One day post-op and I feel I am progressing pretty well. Last year when I had RTHR progress was hampered due to the left hip also severely arthritic and limited my ability to do certain things to make rehab of the right hip incomplete in my opinion. So now the left hip $eems to be...
  4. HippyHelen

    THR I now have a matching set!

    Glad things are moving in the positive direction. Hang in there! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  5. HippyHelen

    THR Another New Hip!!

    Hi there everyone. It has been a very long time since I've been on. One year ago I had my right hip replaced at the CJRI by Dr John Keggi. Well this morning I had the left hip replaced same place same great Dr. Feeling sore. Had to pee and HATE the bed pan so they helped me to walk to the...
  6. HippyHelen

    THR Six Weeks out from an Anterior Hip. Where Should I be?

    @lee0605 I feel like I've missed so much. Back to school with both my full time and my college job has been hectic to say the least. I am experiencing a soreness in the operated leg down the thigh and sometimes my butt hurts (glute). I truly do not feel I am doing too much but if I step back and...
  7. HippyHelen

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    Wow! I need all that done too but can't take time from work. You are a strong woman!!
  8. HippyHelen

    THR Six Weeks out from an Anterior Hip. Where Should I be?

    @lovetowalk - thanks for putting it in perspective as we really aren't that far into rehabilitation.
  9. HippyHelen

    THR Six Weeks out from an Anterior Hip. Where Should I be?

    @lee0605 - just need you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Woke up this morning wanting to go back to bed. I was so tired yesterday. Very hard getting back in the groove. I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow when my college course starts. I is a late course 7:40 -9:40. I'm...
  10. HippyHelen

    THR Six Weeks out from an Anterior Hip. Where Should I be?

    @Carriemay60 Thank you. Have a great week.
  11. HippyHelen

    THR Six Weeks out from an Anterior Hip. Where Should I be?

    Good morning everyone! Monday was 8 weeks post -op. At yesterday's PT session I was in tears, not from the operated hip, but the other leg. My PT reminded me that the right hip ( the new one) has made good progress, but that the left one is hampering progress. Plus I think I am stressing myself...
  12. HippyHelen

    THR Hippie Post Op Newbie

    Oh no - Lee @lee0605 - washing the dog. I haven't been able to give mine a bath since last year and that was torture for myself. My daughter gave her a bath a few weeks ago as she escaped the yard and found something very ripe and smelly to roll in. I too had the glue - not staples but it does...
  13. HippyHelen

    THR Six Weeks out from an Anterior Hip. Where Should I be?

    Hi Lee @lee0605 - what a coincidence that your mom was senior Keggi's OR nurse. Matt is great too! I worked with his wife at NVCC for a bit when she was a tutor/mentor - she is a sweetheart. I had initially gone to see Dr. Flynn on another friend's advice, but he basically dismissed me by...
  14. HippyHelen

    THR Six Weeks out from an Anterior Hip. Where Should I be?

    Hi Lee @lee0605. Glad to hear you are cleared. My appt with the OS is the 12th. Today is the 6 week anniversary of surgery. Doing better every day. Just hope I'm ok for school. It starts in 3 weeks. I have a recumbent bike in my living room and after struggling to get both feet on the pedals...
Back
Top Bottom