Recent content by HipHiporay

  1. HipHiporay

    THR FInally did it- March of 2023...now another question for all of you

    I concur with Brookner. My pain was not limited to my groin/hip as it had been for many years. After 8 years of being able to function it all went south pretty quickly. The compensatory movements that I engaged in produced a visible limp, significant loss of Range of Motion, and all sorts of...
  2. HipHiporay

    THR Loving my hip, but not my knees

    Thank you helping me get happy and thankful for what I have accomplished with my current new hip. I feel fortunate, every week I seem to be able to do something I thought I would no longer be able to do! Today at stretch class I was able to crouch with my feet flat on the floor. I got teary...
  3. HipHiporay

    THR Loving my hip, but not my knees

    Thank you! Although I don’t have the strength and movement that I had prior to arthritis ( can’t do splits, lotus sitting, or crouching). I can walk 6 miles, danced the night away at my 50th high school reunion and most importantly get a painless full nights sleep! The THR posterior approach...
  4. HipHiporay

    THR Loving my hip, but not my knees

    Here’s my update: . Knees are no longer hurting . Lower back is now good . Since week 12 bending to flat palms on floor . Able to work out: body pump w/weights, Pilates, stretching and light jogging (up until week 13 these things seemed impossible)! I’m finding that my breathing is more labored...
  5. HipHiporay

    THR Loving my hip, but not my knees

    Subie2021, Thank you for the thorough information. As you described how you attempt to make every step perfect and count towards creating a stable and normal gait, I could picture myself doing the identical things. I Hope automaticity will fall into play and become an organic part of walking for...
  6. HipHiporay

    THR Loving my hip, but not my knees

    It is going well at 7 weeks post-op. I’m back to working out with modification to accommodate not bending beyond 90 degrees at hips, to do body pump, Pilates, strength and roll outs, walking 2 miles and beginning to walk up/down stairs with 1 foot per step, very thankful for the mostly pain...
  7. HipHiporay

    THR Newbee

    Good suggestions. I'd like to get some sleep so taking the ice machine to bed sounds comforting.
  8. HipHiporay

    THR Newbee

    Thank you for your responses and feedback. I'm glad I heard from Klassy...no food ice bags, got it! I just read the article about cryotherapy and it seems that no matter what your budget you can afford ice therapy and can easily use it responsibly without burning your skin by simply putting a...
  9. HipHiporay

    THR Newbee

    Hi there, Yes, I agree. It’s off my list of questions. Mind over Matter Moment I feel like my hip has deteriorated since I scheduled my surgery. My wonderful partner, of 50 years, who knows me so well asked, “Do you think it’s worse because now you’re letting the actual pain break through...
  10. HipHiporay

    THR Newbee

    Thank you for the information. It really helps to hear reaffirmation of what I had read and remembered. There’s a lot to do to get ready for surgery and post surgery!
  11. HipHiporay

    2022 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May

    Thank you for adding me. This is a very helpful resource! LTHR-Posterior
  12. HipHiporay

    THR Newbee

    Hello and thank all of you posting about your THR experiences. I am feeling better informed hearing from others who will or have gone through this experience. Excited to get on the other side of this and re-start the use of my new joint. The biking group looks interesting. My concern is...
Back
Top Bottom