Recent content by hipcycle

  1. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @myglasshalffull Great to hear that you had a good trip MGHF. And that your son is going against the trend and moving FROM Texas to California! As to the walking etc, having your little dog around I'm sure is a great motivator for walking. And you stay well too - the clocks will be turning...
  2. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @Layla Thank you Layla! :thankyou:
  3. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @myglasshalffull Hi MGHF, Great to hear from you, and hope you had a wonderful trip. And yes, I enjoy the autumn too, but for me it also always brings with it a sense of sadness, of an ending, and a tendency towards melancholic memento mori - such is life! And yes, my current regime is...
  4. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @Layla Hi Layla Yes, the last few weeks have gone well - both hips continuing to improve, even the left hip after its more complex revision, now nearly 11 months post op. My daily pattern at the moment is say 1.75 hours of indoor cycling, or a 7 mile hilly walk, paired with an hour of...
  5. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @Legseleven Thank you very much L11, and yes, the meditation is key for me - this post surgery stuff is pretty taxing mentally as well. I have been following your progress on the QT, and glad to see that you are getting over the worst of the post op hump - great when we have those little...
  6. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @myglasshalffull Glad you had a nice break on all counts at the races MGHF, including the walking - hope you didn't feel tempted to break into a canter with the horses :running:
  7. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @myglasshalffull Great to hear from you MGHF. My little missives are a good opportunity for me to sit down and sort of review what I have been doing, gain perspective as it were, but also, I hope of some use to others, with the proviso of course that we and our recoveries are all different in...
  8. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @Layla Glad to hear all well with you too :spin:
  9. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @Layla Yes, a quarter of a year gone, although it seems much longer somehow, but in a good way. Both hips continue to progress well, with little breakthroughs still appearing, and not always the spectacular gotcha ones. A prime recent example is that I can now put on cycling bib shorts with...
  10. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @Legseleven You are welcome L11. It is a hackneyed old phrase, but still so true - one day at a time!
  11. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @myglasshalffull Never underestimate the exercise value of daily chores MGHF, and glad you are well. As to me, tackling my rehab as best I can, and most of all, finally, after the uncertainty of the first few weeks post surgery, slowly beginning to enjoy it :yes!:
  12. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @Legseleven Thanks L11. I do post my missives from the front line as it were, with the faint hope that they may be of some future assistance to others. As to yourself, I have been keeping an eye on your progress, and at still under a calendar month since your op, you seem to be on a steady...
  13. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @Layla Let’s say I’ve picked up quite a bit about the amygdala in the past few months! Think of it as the brain's primitive, faithful, and ultra-cautious alarm system. It's a danger spotter—and it is so incredibly dedicated to its job that it can actually generate a thoroughly convincing ache...
  14. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @Layla Yes, two calendar months today! The temperatures have been in the high 20s and early 30s here in Aberystwyth (80°F to low 90s), but I absolutely love the heat. My recovery is going well for both hips. The last seven days have been another major breakthrough - I have clocked over 30...
  15. hipcycle

    THR Balancing Exercise & Hip Health Prior to Revision Surgery

    @myglasshalffull Excellent you had a nice constructive weekend MGHF, with the little dog in tow. Yesterday was a rest/consolidation day for me, the first in a few days, so well timed I hope. You have a great rest of the week also :egypdance:
Back
Top Bottom