Recent content by Hey Joe

  1. H

    THR Hey Joe’s Left Hip Recovery

    Thanks so much for checking in on me. I went to the doctor yesterday. She tested me for flu, covid, and did a chest X-Ray. All were negative. I explained my concerns about any bacterial infections spreading to my implant and that normally with my current symptoms I would not seek any medical...
  2. H

    THR Hey Joe’s Left Hip Recovery

    Thanks you guys for checking in on me. I’ve had an unremarkable recovery as far as I can tell. Today is 4 weeks post op. I’ve been increasing my activity level and feel pretty good overall. Today I was going for a short walk and my hip started hurting. Not sure if I was walking too fast or...
  3. H

    THR Hey Joe’s Left Hip Recovery

    Really appreciate the info and support guys I too find the hip to be easier thus far. The pain is less intense overall. The main difference is the PT. No one is forcing me to strive for ROM. Gawd that was rough. For some reason the big toe on the left foot has swollen rather impressively. And...
  4. H

    THR Hey Joe’s Left Hip Recovery

    Hi Jockette and thanks for the response. It was the Left hip I had done.
  5. H

    THR Hey Joe’s Left Hip Recovery

    Hey I’m back in the forums again after having my hip done on 6/11. The surgery went well, I spent 1 night in the hospital and came home yesterday. The pain is manageable and I’m able to take just a bit fewer opioids than I’m allowed. Although the pt I’ve been doing so far like getting up and...
  6. H

    TKR Joe’s Recovery Jourknee

    Thanks Mendo.. One of my biggest takeaways from reading through the experiences of others here is that most recoveries seem to be long and fraught with setbacks, disappointments and with halting and discouraging progress which is rarely linear. But the majority of the time, over time, good...
  7. H

    TKR Joe’s Recovery Jourknee

    I'm at 6 months post op now. I still have pain behind my knee. I feel it all of the time when getting out of the car and most of the time when going down stairs. My ROM and strength are all pretty good. I ride the exercise bike and go for long (3-4) mile walks. It's just the pain that gets...
  8. H

    TKR 5 months down the line...

    I'm 6 months post op and still have recurring pain behind the knee. It's discouraging. Baker's cyst? Yeah probably. I feel a small lump behind the knee at times. We need to elevate more and ice more I guess.
  9. H

    TKR Joe’s Recovery Jourknee

    Hi again and thanks for checking in on me Layla.. I had my 3 month follow up yesterday with my OS. He said X-rays looked good. I'm feeling pretty good overall. I still have some pain and stiffness especially after sitting or resting for a while but it loosen's up with activity. I've been...
  10. H

    TKR Joe’s Recovery Jourknee

    Hi @Layla. Thanks for the inquiry. Things have been going pretty smoothly. I'm still working on ROM as my flexion was 113 yesterday. Dr said he wanted 115 by my next visit Nov 29th. I signed up for 3 more weeks of PT as I find it helps me a lot to have someone I trust help me with my...
  11. H

    TKR Joe’s Recovery Jourknee

    Good to know thanks @sistersinhim!
  12. H

    TKR Joe’s Recovery Jourknee

    Thanks @benne68, I still take them occasionally like for PT or at night when I can’t get comfortable. I’m somewhat concerned about the cyst or bump on my patella. Googling mentions bursitis or possible infection of some kind. It does cause pain when bending.
  13. H

    TKR Joe’s Recovery Jourknee

    Day 26 Post Op Haven’t posted here in a bit mainly because my recovery has been going pretty well and has been mostly unremarkable. Flexion was measured at 100 degrees today in PT. I love my PT as she is very receptive to my feedback and doesn’t push too hard. I took a walk yesterday for about...
  14. H

    TKR Joe’s Recovery Jourknee

    1st outpatient PT was mostly evaluation. But I got a good vibe from the therapist. I told her I don’t want to go more than 8 on the pain scale and she was fine with it. She did have me do some quad sets and other basic stuff. And she wants me to do an hour on the CPM 3 times/day at 90 degrees...
  15. H

    TKR Joe’s Recovery Jourknee

    I’ll be channeling my inner @Layla
Back
Top Bottom