Recent content by Hessian

  1. Hessian

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    This week was my first week back to work full time, I am a full time professor at a local public university. The days I had to lecture were surprisingly rough! I was wiped out, my leg has been very very sore all week, ugh.
  2. Hessian

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    Hello all, just writing at day 82 to say things are going very smoothly. I feel strong, walking smooth, still have a few aches sleeping on side in the hours when pre-bed naproxen and tylenol wear off, but overall feeling great! My farthest walk so far is 10K at summer streets in NYC, did that...
  3. Hessian

    THR Wide Awake - Mailman Chases Dogs Away

    my jaw dropped seeing your flexibility in the video, amazing!
  4. Hessian

    THR Wide Awake - Mailman Chases Dogs Away

    my OS said the exact opposite re: age and recovery time - ceteris paribus older patients recover quicker because they tend not to have as strong and severe an inflammation response as younger patients
  5. Hessian

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    Day 39 - 24 hours without use of the cane, feeling pretty spry but decided to take the first "rest" day in many days, no long walk today, did test out how the hip could stand the NYC subway system for the first time. All went fine, lots of small victories. Day 40 - (today) accompanied dearest...
  6. Hessian

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    re: not being flexible, I feel ya, I think I am in the same camp but I always assumed that my lack of flexibility in that limb was due to OA because I can do the same action with the non-OA leg, I can easily place my left foot on my right knee in order to put a sock on, for example, and can also...
  7. Hessian

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    Day 37 - 2 days of PT since last update and I've been increasing my walks about 0.1 miles daily, I think I have mostly managed to avoid ODIC. PT sessions now include at least 15 minutes on a modified cycle thing that is more like a seated eliptical than anything else. I've been enjoying it, as I...
  8. Hessian

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    I had an anterior approach, cementless stem (Stryker accolade II), ceramic on poly, stryker acetabular system (trident 2) no screws Day 29- Physical Therapy appointment 2 went well, plus mile walk in total to and from a neighborhood restaurant. Which is another milestone - first time dining out...
  9. Hessian

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    Day 26 - 1.36 mile trot outside with loving partner, some stairs and a steep hill ascent and descent. Day 27 - First day of PT - WOW, nice experience. Started with icing and a little massage to help w/ the swelling. Then a series of exercises , some were easy, others REALLY had me sweating (in...
  10. Hessian

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    Day 23 - 0.7 miles outside Day 24- 0.8 miles outside with a few circuits up and down a half flight of stairs in our local park. Day 25- 1.15 miles outside with a nasty little hill and some stairs - feeling good, could have gone way more but limited myself hoping to stay out of ODIC. Did...
  11. Hessian

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    Day 22 - a lovely day! Did 0.6 mile walk down to the park 2 blocks away with dearest wife to accompany. No complaints w/ pain, just awkward weakness / stiffness. PT will be half mile round trip walking so I feel confident that I can start to get there 2x a week. Preemptively elevated in the...
  12. Hessian

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    This all makes sense, and I wanted to say thanks for the shoe advice, I've actually seen either you or others post this advice and I have since donated my old pairs that were in good shape and recycled the gross ones. Two new pairs acquired and will get more in the Fall when I have to return to...
  13. Hessian

    THR Pain at 5 months

    ODIC - “overdid it club” :heehee:
  14. Hessian

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    Day 17 - wondering if I am in the ODIC - haven't really taken a ton of steps but my hamstring or whatever muscle seems to be back of thigh on inside is IRATE.
  15. Hessian

    THR Thr 12 june

    Inflammation takes a few days after "show time" to reach its peak, my OS said days 4-6 would be when it reaches a crescendo. Wishing you all the best with managing.
Back
Top Bottom