Recent content by Hepster

  1. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    Thanks Jamie, yes I'm trying to walk about at work as much as I can. I also agree that the lower back pain is to do with the way I'm walking now. Hopefully when I've had my other knee done it will sort itself out. I just need to win the lottery so I can get it done sooner rather than later!
  2. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    3 and a half months post op now. My operated knee feeling much better, just a little stiff and swollen and painful occasionally. Bad news is I saw my surgeon a couple of weeks ago and he confirmed my fear that it's looking like I need my left knee replacing also :( The pain has got so much worse...
  3. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    I'm coming up to 12 weeks post op now. Feeling much better on the whole but been back at work for a couple of weeks now and am feeling it! Even though I'm sitting down I have to use my right operated leg to work a pedal and it's hard to stay in one position for long. Luckily my employers are...
  4. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    Thanks Susanne that makes sense, I'll give that a go.
  5. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    7 weeks post op now. Still painful, some days more than others. I've got sciatica in my operated leg as well which isn't helping. The pain is down the back of my leg into my foot rather than my knee. I'm sleeping a bit better now thank goodness. ROM was 105 last PT session. Not using crutches...
  6. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    Hi all, I'm 6 weeks post op now and think I'm doing ok. Still having quite a bit of pain so still on the pain killers. Also sciatica type pains down into my foot. Still not sleeping very well. I'm doing more round the house and go out for a short walk every day. I'm still using crutches out of...
  7. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    I'm using tramadol, paracetamol, codeine and ibuprofen (not all at the same time). I'm feeling better today. I've been to physio and talked to him about the pain. A lot of it is at the back of my knee so he's given me some exercises to try as he thinks my quads are very tight. I feel better...
  8. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    Hi all, I'm 19 days post op and think I'm doing ok. I can move around the house better. I'm having my second PT appointment tomorrow. I've been doing the exercises he gave me on the first appointment and definitely getting easier. I'm mainly resting but doing a few bits of tidying and...
  9. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    Yes, thanks @Celle
  10. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    I'm having a bit of constipation too, think it's the codeine. I've just spoken to my doctors, they have prepared a prescription for tramadol to collect tomorrow so I will give that a try.
  11. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    Thanks all. @Homeport nice to have someone at a similar timescale to myself. I'm at 2 weeks today and have had my staples out this afternoon. The nurse counted 38! I was a little worried about it but it was practically painless, just the odd pinch. It was actually nice to get out of the house...
  12. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    Thanks all. Can anyone recommend any pain relief? At the moment I'm taking zapain (paracetamol and codeine) plus ibuprofen. They are taking the edge off the pain but not getting rid of it completely. Or is that too much to hope for? It's at night time really when it's hard. I was still awake...
  13. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    Thanks, I'm lucky that my other knee isn't too bad. Icing is really helping but the pain is worse than I was expecting. I'm not very good at doing nothing but my husband and my mum are looking after me very well!
  14. Hepster

    TKR Hepster's new knee!

    Hello all. I had my right knee replaced on 22 January so I'm 11 days post op today. I've been suffering with my knee for a few years and it had got to the stage where I could hardly walk without pain so I was really pleased to get the op done. I only had to wait 8 weeks for the date so not bad...
  15. Hepster

    2015 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    I'm having a total knee replacement tomorrow! 22 January. Very nervous!
Back
Top Bottom