Recent content by HaylingIslander

  1. H

    TKR RTKR. 17/2/23

    I'm at 12 weeks and worry about my rom. Worry I haven't pushed enough etc. I have suffered with anxiety and depression on and off for most of my adult life. Learnt to deal with it but this operation has been a real challenge to that. I think for me part of it is that we can't just recover but...
  2. H

    TKR HaylingIslander Recovery Thread

    @Layla Thank you! I saw this message but hesitated posting for a few days. I'd had Physio the same day and it really threw me. I'm uk and was given exercises within 24 hours of op. Then face to face Physio appointments every 2 weeks dropping down to 3 weeks. Each time a different couple of...
  3. H

    Knee Infection* Next step???

    So sorry to hear of your Dad's troubles. I cannot add anything professional here. Just that my Mum's neighbour's twin brother went through this. I belive it took about 18months,there was talk about amputation at one point, but all persevered, MRSA was eventually cleared and all is good now...
  4. H

    TKR HaylingIslander Recovery Thread

    Wanted to post an update on my 2nd trip into office. It went better as I knew more what to expect and was more prepared. Took my cryocuff to wear. One hour in fridge, one hour on knee, one in fridge and so on. You can't beat that cold sensation for pain relief. Made sure I went for a slow 20...
  5. H

    TKR RTKR. 17/2/23

    Agree it feels like a lonely journey. My surgeon was honest too, but still felt shock. Glad you've found bonesmart it helps.
  6. H

    TKR RTKR. 17/2/23

    You are not whinging, just expressing how difficult this is. At 6 weeks I would have pretty much written what you have. I'm right knee. At my surgeon's check at 6 weeks he said I could drive. I was sceptical but a few days later I pushed myself to do it. I feel I am safe driving but my knee...
  7. H

    Revision TKR Revision with extreme shin pain

    I'm in the UK things are different here. Certainly not better. But I am shocked for you that noone is physically seeing you, even if just to reassure you or check your pain meds. I hope you get this sorted
  8. H

    TKR HaylingIslander Recovery Thread

    @EalingGran Thanks just hearing someone say 10 weeks is early helps. And that you can do more at 21 weeks. Sometimes I can hold onto it being early in recovery. And then there's all those doubts often made worse by others who say things like " you obviously don't heal well ". It's all quiet...
  9. H

    TKR HaylingIslander Recovery Thread

    @sistersinhim Just looked up Tylenol and it is paracetamol in UK. Some days I take the full measure,some days one dose less. Guess I need to take full doses every day. I tend to avoid ibuprofen as it does not suit my stomach. May have to relook at that if this carries on. I'm off work for a...
  10. H

    TKR HaylingIslander Recovery Thread

    So it'll be 10 weeks Tuesdsy. Feel like I'm standing still. No pun intended. I'm not in the pain of the first couple of weeks and sleep reasonably well most of the time. But my normal pretty hectic life has resumed and If I'm honest my knee feels worse now that I can't take it easy like the...
  11. H

    TKR Days of Recovery (TKR 1/4)

    Glad to read how you manage following work. Returned work but from home beginning of week 9. Went into office last Tues. All I wanted was to get home ice and elevate. Now don't feel so alone knowing it tires others.
  12. H

    TKR HaylingIslander Recovery Thread

    So yesterday went into the office. Had agreed I could use disabled parking so I could fully open car door and they thoughtfully provided a leg rest to elevate. The positive stops there! I'd planned to do some stretches in shower room at lunch. Shower room out of order. Was going to elevate in a...
  13. H

    TKR 11 weeks post op, can't sleep

    I'm just over 9 weeks and have interrupted sleep most nights then every 3rd night is pretty sleepless. Let's hope as others say it gets better eventually.
  14. H

    TKR mercy2you recovery thread

    Bless you. Sending you the biggest hug! Our timings and experiences have similarities. I only found Bonesmart because I kept googling in desperation as I was so scared and depressed through early stages. Glad we both found Bonesmart loads of support on here. Try not to compare, I do that all...
  15. H

    TKR HaylingIslander Recovery Thread

    @Ayse I will think about recording the progress. Hope you get more comfortable soon.
Back
Top Bottom