Recent content by hayleybell63

  1. hayleybell63

    Hip Infection Happy to be here

    Thanks all, I have got another physio appointment and have been advised to call my consultant as well.Will keep you updated . :unsure:
  2. hayleybell63

    Hip Infection Happy to be here

    Hi guys, it's been a while since I have been on here. Had my revision surgery July 2015, started having stabbing pains in the area on my thigh that I was having prior to surgery. Also getting pain in my hip and knee again, am worried that the pain could be the infection come back. Am also...
  3. hayleybell63

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    @Sullivand I am so pleased to read that you will soon be returning to work, this will be a massive step to reality. You are an inspiration to all hippies out there who have not had straightforward procedures and problems to overcome. Stay strong and continue to give yourself enough time to...
  4. hayleybell63

    Hip Infection Happy to be here

    :hi: all my fellow hippies, so it is 3 weeks to the day since my surgery. I am making good progress. Have had staples out last week and going to remove the dressing this evening, it's starting to come off now any way. Doing my exercises daily :dancy:and knee lifts are getting better. Have...
  5. hayleybell63

    Hip Infection Happy to be here

    @Cynthia777 gp visit went well, topped up my meds and had staples removed. Still got to have blood tests to check on the infection. Been to the beauty salon today and had a lovely pedicure, was such a special treat. Cannot believe it's been less than 3 weeks and I am feeling wonderful. Still...
  6. hayleybell63

    Hip Infection Happy to be here

    @Cynthia777 it's quite impressive isn't it. Yes I am managing my pain well, although they only gave me enough tablets for 7 days on leaving the hospital and my doctors appointment was in 9 days so I had to spread the last few days out a bit which meant I didn't have enough for the day yesterday...
  7. hayleybell63

    Hip Infection Happy to be here

    @Cynthia777 I have posted a pic of my scar on the badge of honour thread it is on the last page and right at the bottom. It looks really neat compared to some of the others. Yes I think everyone was surprised to see me last night but it was lovely to do something normal and be amongst the land...
  8. hayleybell63

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    2 weeks post op. Just before staples removed. 42 staples in total. Next pic is just after staples were removed.
  9. hayleybell63

    Hip Infection Happy to be here

    @Cynthia777 the doc appointment went fine but as per usual I had to explain what I had done and which meds I was on. Would be nice if they read your notes before they see you. Have managed to get my meds down to 3 times a day from 4. Still having the daily blood thinning injection, (will be...
  10. hayleybell63

    Hip Infection Happy to be here

    @Jaycey I am seeing my GP on Friday for a top up on my meds. I am going to try and see which one of my antibiotics is making me feel sick in the meantime. A ruler and duct tape eh? We can be very ingenious when needs arise. :rotfl:
  11. hayleybell63

    Hip Infection Happy to be here

    @Debra7 thanks for the link, I think I will stick to my own invention for now. It seems to work and its a lot cheaper :idea::yes!:. Think I should patent my idea for the UK :giggle: x @Cynthia777 I am doing well thank you. Managing pain with meds, movement is improving and getting lots of sleep...
  12. hayleybell63

    Hip Infection Happy to be here

    @DesertHorses that the next problem I am trying to overcome, it may become a good excuse for a nice pedicure. For someone like me, who does nails professionally, the state of mine at the moment is a real bug bind. :chinstroke::oyvey:
  13. hayleybell63

    Hip Infection Happy to be here

    Just for home after an hour and half catching up with friends, managed to get in and out of the car with supervision and not too much assistance. Feeling really positive after upbeat comments from friends, they have no idea how much of a difference seeing them makes albeit briefly. @Nana757 I...
  14. hayleybell63

    Hip Infection Happy to be here

    Third day at home and settling well into a routine. Been a good girl taking my meds, have been keeping a diary each day for what I have taken and when, there is no way I could keep track of them otherwise. Sleeping well (probably drug indused mostly). Getting about ok, and finding inventive ways...
  15. hayleybell63

    hip replacement revision surgery

    Well guys, sorry for the delay. Everything went well, got home finally on Wednesday night. I have started a new thread on the recovery page "happy to be here" . Thank you for all your kind wishes. :phone::wave:
Back
Top Bottom