I am very confused about medication. Because I had a a bad fall on my TKR leg 2 weeks after surgery I have expected my recovery to be slower but now I am 8 weeks out and don't seem to be improving. My pain levels are still high but my OS wants me off oxycodone and down to half the dose of...
Yes, my GP was unimpressed and has suggested Hirudoid cream to be rubbed GENTLY into the contusion.
I have cancelled the physio and am just going to be patient until I get the all clear from my OS to start hydrotherapy.
We live quite near the Gold Coast in Queensland and in 2 weeks we are...
Thanks Jockette and Mom2Lucy. I did some Googling afterwards and apparently there is some belief that massaging a contusion breaks up the pooled blood and stops it hardening into a permanent lump where it could calcify.
I have a confession to make - I committed the:bignono: and let my PT cause me a lot of pain. As you know, I fell and gave myself a huge contusion 2 weeks ago. I have been very careful with RICE, but when the PT visited yesterday my drug fuddled brain didn't stop him massaging the contusion for...
Yes, they were lifesavers before the surgery. I would grab one of the small light ones as soon as I got there and trundle all over the shopping centre.
Thanks. I am also wondering about when I have recovered from the fall and am able to start walking a reasonable distance again. Where I live it is hilly, the ground is rough and there are no footpaths. I would have to walk actually on the edge of the road and I am scared of falling again because...
Looks like it might be March before I see my baby girl then :boohoo: I had to go to a funeral yesterday, hired a wheelchair because of the extra damage from the fall and need to elevate almost all the time. The leg is very unhappy today, like a huge sausage all the way from thigh to toes. I am...
Maybe it is because of my Ehlers Danlos but my reactions to medications are often very different to other people's. I find morphine does very little for pain but gives me dreadful headaches. Tramadol seemed to control the pain quite well but being hyper-awake at 1 am didn't seem a great...
They breed us tough in Oz! Glad to hear you are coming out of your awful experience. I am in awe of you having them done so close together, it took me 2 years to work up the courage to go through it all again. It is interesting how we still feel as if we HAVE to do what medical staff tell us. I...
Thanks for all the advice. I was starting to worry about the Lyrica as sometimes my speech would start to slur and I would mix words up and was feeling very spaced out. I will decrease it slowly over the next week or so. I saw my GP about the Tramadol and he said it was a very mild painkiller...
I think I have 90 Rom, +10 extension but that's about it because of the degree of swelling in the calf and foot from the contusion. I have been told to gently massage the calf contusion to prevent a build up of scar tissue but my goodness it's painful! I'm afraid I have no idea how to post...
I am using an Iceman ice machine for at least an hour at a time several times during the day and a strap on ice pack a couple of times during the night and elevating most of the time. After the physiotherapist visits and massages my leg for half an hour I can now almost get a ROM of 80 sitting...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.