Recent content by Greg555

  1. G

    THR Setback anterior hip replacement

    I had a few set backs in the beginning. My biggest concern was the start up pain for the first 3 months. I’d have to stand and wait about a minute before walking without searing pain. That did completely go away. I’d say 70% of my recovery occurred during the first 5 months. It took another year...
  2. G

    THR Greg555's Recovery Thread

    Just swinging by to offer an update and perhaps encouragement. The hip replacement is doing fantastic. I practice zero restrictions as directed by my doctor. I detect no difference between my non-replaced hip and replaced hip. Retirement is two months away with me walking into it like a 30yo...
  3. G

    THR Greg555's Recovery Thread

    Yes. A year already. Amazing. The baker cyst is apparently a secondary symptom. Something is going on my knee that’s causing inflammation, and in turn the cyst develops. The cyst looked very small on X-ray. I can’t say that there was a lot of pain. It was a full feeling that limited flexibility...
  4. G

    THR Greg555's Recovery Thread

    So far so good. It has really changed the quality of my life for the better. The recovery was a little slower than I anticipated. THR remains one of the most successful surgeries. I probably waited 18 months too long to have it done. That was a miserable 18 months.
  5. G

    THR Greg555's Recovery Thread

    Just a little shy of the one year anniversary of my THR. I can’t report any hip problems. In fact I’ve noticed another marked improvement in mobility and lack of stiffness over the last two months. I did encounter some knee swelling and a small Baker’s cyst on the op side. Something was causing...
  6. G

    THR Greg555's Recovery Thread

    Hard to believe, but it’s been 9 months since my hip replacement. It seem like yesterday that I was laying in a hospital room alone, scared to death about surgery. Well not much has changed. I’m still working on strength building. It’s been a long process get the glute muscles firing properly...
  7. G

    THR Greg555's Recovery Thread

    Hey everyone. Here’s my 8 month report. Nothing has changed. Everything is still going well. I still have the occasional ache. No pain. Flexibility is still improving. As is strength. I’m venturing back to the gym on a more frequent basis since receiving the Covid vaccine. I set some realistic...
  8. G

    THR Shell’s new hip @ 41

    My surgery was last June. I was discharged 21 hours following surgery and back to work in three weeks. I work mainly a desk job so there was no lifting or much bending. Walking was the #1 best therapy. The soft tissue pain was the most uncomfortable. The surgery relived me of a lot of related...
  9. G

    THR Greg555's Recovery Thread

    I am able to perform that pose without any difficulty. The pigeon pose is what gave me difficulty. I think the slight geometry change in my hip (they never get it perfect) changed the angle and length of the piriformis. I continued to work at it and eventually it eased back into proper function...
  10. G

    THR Greg555's Recovery Thread

    7 month check in. No real changes. Hip continues to do well. Zero arthritic pain. Still some discomfort during certain movements. Mainly clamshells. If I take the hypervolt massage unit to the periformus muscle and the top of the inner thigh by the crease the discomfort becomes less. I’m a huge...
  11. G

    THR MoM resurfacing converted to ceramic dual mobility.

    My surgeon is Dr Bong from Orthopedic Associates in the Milwaukee WI area. I was originally referred to him by my PT when she informed me that there was nothing more she could do for me. She recommended Dr Bong because of the hip resurfacing procedure he performed. During the initial consult he...
  12. G

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    That’s correct. Both are NSAIDs. They weren’t taken together. Aspirin was used initially to ward off clotting. Then I transitioned to ibuprofen after stopping the aspirin. Both are extremely hard on my digestive tract. Never any bleeding though.
  13. G

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    The one downside to my hip replacement was the medication. I was able to avoid any narcotics, but was given antibiotics in the hospital and asprin and later ibuprofen for pain management. It destroyed by intestinal gut biome which has resulted in on and off IBS ever since. It’s slowly getting...
  14. G

    THR Greg555's Recovery Thread

    It’s not so much sitting that bothers me. It’s when I’m inactive for a period of time or don’t a lot steps in through the day. If it’s been a day or two where I’m not walking much the hip acts up. The more acting I keep myself the better the hips works.
Back
Top Bottom