Recent content by Greg

  1. Greg

    Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

    Hey folks! week 14 and right hip revision is doing great! I have started acupuncture for holistic pain relief and find that its helping with the aches of the scar tissue in addition to other areas of my body. SO, guess what? My left hip started hurting like crazy Thursday and I scheduled an apt...
  2. Greg

    Revision THR Made it, mostly!

    I recently went though revision surgery and it seems to me your PT folks are being a little aggressive. What I learned from my experience was I needed to rest. Its seems your case is worse than mine and I would suggest you keep it simple, ice and rest but that's just my opinion :) Oh yeah, I am...
  3. Greg

    Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

    Hi everyone, I wanted to give a week 10 update. To be honest, I am now on to my back and working on the other issues in the left hip. My lumbar has gotten bad and its becoming hard to tell whether the pains are hip or back. I want to say that all of you were right and my right hip revision is...
  4. Greg

    Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

    So, here is my 5 week update: I am now doing MUCH better with pain, espcially that pain in my groin. I am no longer convinced it is Psoas tendon issues or some kind of impingement. Now, I actually feel like its going to recover just fine but we will see. I am now only taking three 10mg Norco per...
  5. Greg

    Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

    @Josephine I have been talking my meds on schedule. I take NORCO 10mg x 2 every 4-6 hours which ends up being about 4 times a day. I take 100mg of Celebrex twice a day (morning and night), I take Lyrica 100mg at bed time and they have now added Flexeril. I was told to slowly start on the...
  6. Greg

    Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

    Hi! I went to see the OS yesterday and he and I had a good disucssion. I explained to him that most things were progressing very nicely but the groin was still hurting anywhere from a 3-10 depending on the moment. I wanted to take xrays and examine the area but he was so certain that it was just...
  7. Greg

    Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

    Hi everyone! Going to see OS Tuesday about the groin. Very possibly Psoas tendonitis which would explain this horrible groin pain I have had. The rest of the hip is progressing wonderfully but the tendon over the joint is like a golfball and on fire. 20mg Norco doesnt touch this pain but is...
  8. Greg

    Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

    Today marks 3 weeks since my Hip revision. Overall I am happy with the surgery and I am finding the hardest thing to deal with is the 50% weight-bearing and, unlike last time, I can't take off around the block walking. Hopefully the next three week go very well and I will be 100% WB. Also...
  9. Greg

    Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

    Thanks for the response!!!!! See responses embedded in red So your pain is about here then? Would I be correct in assuming you had a posterior approach! If so, Do you know if your surgeon divided (cut) the piriformis? If so, that would be the problem - under-medicated post-op painIf not, the...
  10. Greg

    Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

    @Josephine In addition to the answers above, my in home PT just left and she wants to me have the Dr check the nerves. She feels I may have nerve damage causing this pain. Just one more piece of info for you :) Thanks!
  11. Greg

    Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

    1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't compare this with the bone-on-bone pain you had before surgery! ) The pain lelel when I put the 50% weight on it or when I stand from the bed to use my walker is 6-7 most...
  12. Greg

    Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

    Hi friends!, I wanted to check in and update you and I have a question. Overall, at day 18 I would say things are going really well with one exception and I am hoping some of you may have an idea of the problem. Reading my post OP report, it shows that the OS found bony defect in the Acetabulum...
  13. Greg

    THR I am titanium!

    @calikat Hello there! I am sorry to see that you need a revision. I am on day 13 and its too early to scream "success" but I think things are going pretty well. Its odd because some things are better than last time and others a little worse but I think overall its better. I dont have nearly as...
  14. Greg

    Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

    Everyone, thanks for the feedback! I did finally get to the bottom of it and it appears the Dr and his nurse werent on the same page and while his instructions for discharge were for me to be 50% weigth bearing there was a mistake made when I called in. All is well now. So, let me bother you...
  15. Greg

    Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

    Potential problem and I could use some help here or someone with knowledge. So, while in the hospital doing PT and reviewing all discharge instructions with PT and the surgeons PA, they were telling me and having me practice walking with on 50% weight of my right leg. Discharge instructiona say...
Back
Top Bottom