Recent content by great button

  1. G

    TKR 23 months after TKR on left leg

    I am hoping that too. I do have the appt with the physologist scheduled for 10/9 and also weekly appt with the pt I’ve been waiting to see. So I’m hopeful. Hard to stay hopeful as I’m sure you know. I tried pain meds but my body just doesn’t wit to cope with more meds. I read something that’s...
  2. G

    TKR 23 months after TKR on left leg

    I wanted to post an update and unfortunately it’s not good. I have now spent the entire summer with very limited mobility and moderate to severe pain. And my right knee not TKR I has started complaining. I had to wait almost 3months to see a physiologist, he is planning an injection near the...
  3. G

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    Yes, I had lots of setbacks, when I thought I should be able to do stuff by that time. But clearly after TKR there is still a root cause issue of how the hold thing happened in the first place. And even with the new knee those issues are still there. I’ve completely backed off and am getting...
  4. G

    TKR 23 months after TKR on left leg

    Oh thank you for understanding and support
  5. G

    TKR 23 months after TKR on left leg

    I read though the thread you suggested, and for sure I have underskin scar tissue based on the report and I can feel where it is. I am trying to do my own gentle massage. However I don’t feel like it’s causing me much pain. So this is two months and my swelling in inflammation has decreased...
  6. G

    TKR 23 months after TKR on left leg

    Really it wasn’t worth the drive to Redwood City. The conclusion was there was nothing wrong with the mechanics and it was a soft tissue issue. Which was very clearly diagnosed by the radiologist from the MSK ultrasound we had done. On one level the surgeon said that many people do well after...
  7. G

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    Yes, I had lots of setbacks, when I thought I should be able to do stuff by that time. But clearly after TKR there is still a root cause issue of how the hold thing happened in the first place. And even with the new knee those issues are still there. I’ve completely backed off and am getting...
  8. G

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    So I found what I think are really clear logical and very detailed YouTube videos from a Dr of PT from El Paso. I don’t know if I’m allowed to post that. It would be good if you could see them for yourself and see what you think. I’m working on glutes just beginning and I can feel the different...
  9. G

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    Ok glad you are on to what I’m saying. Balance from what I’m hearing is not good if you have patella problems because you are putting all the weight on the one leg/knee. If your overall muscles are stronger then you will have good balance . Especially the glutes, and no more exercises that...
  10. G

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    Please don’t feel bewildered. It is your body and it is all connected. I’m still dealing with what has now been diagnosed as petellarfemoral syndrome, based on an MSK ultrasound . It’s alittle less painful, but still extremely tender. My OS meeting was useless. The special mri because of...
  11. G

    Regaining Leg/Knee Extension Capability Following a Gym-Based Injury – A “Course Correction” After A 9 Month Delay/Detour

    I want to suggest that you try to find a clinic that can do an MSK ultrasound to investigate your idea of damaged soft tissue. I had one recently and it allowed the radiologist to determine damage swelling and scaring.
  12. G

    TKR 23 months after TKR on left leg

    So I wanted to post an update to give some additional information. After several unsuccessful interactions with Stanford, I’m sorry to say. I was able to find a testing office that did MSK ultrasound. The special MRI was inconclusive. The radiologist talked with me for some time today to...
  13. G

    TKR 23 months after TKR on left leg

    So I’m continuing to ice elevate, and limit walking to 500 steps a day. The inflammation on the bursa is reducing the knee however is still quite sore. I have a OS zoom meeting for tomorrow. I want an MRI as soon as I can manage that . Also I found a physiatrist and I think that is exactly...
  14. G

    TKR 23 months after TKR on left leg

    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have continued with a lot of rest elevation and ice along with Motrin. The inflammation at the bursa has reduced a lot, but my knee is still quite sore . I have contacted my OS and requested a zoom meeting, an MRI and a referral to a PT specialist with...
  15. G

    TKR 23 months after TKR on left leg

    My surgery was 8/13/24. What I was referring to was rest, ice and elevate. And yes Motrin .
Back
Top Bottom