Recent content by Grammyof2

  1. G

    Spine Spine surgery desperately needed, but slow to arrive...

    That's very good to hear! Thank you. He's only done about a dozen so far (I think he said he'd done four the morning of m appt with him), so he has no clue about how much people like them months down the road. I feel encouraged. I'll see him again at the end of November; that's when we'll...
  2. G

    Spine Spine surgery desperately needed, but slow to arrive...

    I finally had my lumbar spinal stenosis surgery September 14, 2023. It went well. In fact, I had warned him that I surely had a new (3rd) stenosis area and I was right. (He couldn't do an MRI on the spot due to my pacemaker, but he did look for it and found it.) Two areas were laminotomies and...
  3. G

    Spine Spine surgery desperately needed, but slow to arrive...

    I just got a big surprise. My spine surgeon called, a standard prelude to surgery (scheduled for Sept. 14); when I told him that physical therapy has reduced my pain from needing 20 mg Suboxone to needing only 8 mg plus some gabapentin, and that the only real pain I feel is when I get up in the...
  4. G

    Spine Spine surgery desperately needed, but slow to arrive...

    Hello, WillB. Best wishes to you. Hope you'll report back and let us know how it goes! You'll be about 4 weeks out when I have my own surgery.
  5. G

    Spine Spine surgery desperately needed, but slow to arrive...

    Are you taking my spondylolisthesis into account? My vertebrae keep slipping. The pain requires a rhizotomy every so often. I don't want this to get worse. The physician who does my rhizotomies warned me against twisting and shoveling. He said it would make my spondy worse.
  6. G

    Spine Spine surgery desperately needed, but slow to arrive...

    Thank you. I have a good physical therapist, and at our next appt I'll ask her for moree advice on all this. I'm slowly working on "flexibility" and core things, but not as quickly as I'd prefer, and I need to get farther before my sessions run out. My spondy will limit my movement, at least...
  7. G

    Spine Spine surgery desperately needed, but slow to arrive...

    My third try at physical therapy is working well. I've cut my 0xy code 0n us by half, which should enable me to need less anesthetic than expected. My bone density test was superb; my lab work is perfect. I'd been worried that my surgery date would land in July-August, leaving me unable to...
  8. G

    Spine Spine surgery desperately needed, but slow to arrive...

    Wow--no pain from the surgery? Thank you--that sounds fantastic! The surgeon said that when he's reviewed my new MRI his office will set up an appt. for us to discuss the surgery in more detail. I'll be sure to ask him then.
  9. G

    Spine Spine surgery desperately needed, but slow to arrive...

    I believe he was referring to the pain I'd have immediately after surgery and for a month or two afterwards, while I heal. He will prescribe oxycodone, but--as I learned after my TKRs, surgeons make sure never to prescribe it for long enough, so there's always a few weeks of pain after one runs...
  10. G

    Spine Spine surgery desperately needed, but slow to arrive...

    First, my history... Spondylolisthesis and central canal stenosis have plagued me since 2004, though back then they were called "sore back" and Restless Legs Syndrome. I'm among the minority of RLS sufferers whose legs jump around because stenosis irritates their nerves in the spine. My PCP...
  11. G

    Finger/Thumb Right Thumb joint's LRTI coming up October 8!

    Thank you, @FCBayern ! This adventure is absolutely thrilling. I'd given up hope, but hope has returned as my efforts are finally paying off.
  12. G

    Finger/Thumb Right Thumb joint's LRTI coming up October 8!

    I've had Rhizotomy #2--great success! As with #1 (right side) the multiple anesthetic injections were really painful. I yelped, yelled, hollered, and howled. The actual procedure, of course, was painless. I just get really sensitized to pain, such that at one point when he just brushed his...
  13. G

    Finger/Thumb Right Thumb joint's LRTI coming up October 8!

    I guess temperatures depend on what one is used to. This morning's temperature here in central Maine is minus 12 C. I plan to walk nonetheless. After 45 years in Maine, my mind has adjusted I guess, even though I grew up in Santa Monica, California! I was stuck in pre-contemplation of weight...
  14. G

    Finger/Thumb Right Thumb joint's LRTI coming up October 8!

    The Bean link to the poles was broken, it turns out, because between the time I decided to buy them and when I went back to make the purchase, their very last pair was sold! When I checked the next day, the original page was back, but decorated with an Out of Stock note. SO... off I clicked to...
  15. G

    Finger/Thumb Right Thumb joint's LRTI coming up October 8!

    @Jaycey The lab results came back with a few oddities; my gastroenterologist called to say the most likely culprit is failure to drink enough water! Now I make sure to drink two 8-ounce glasses upon waking, one after my walk, and another before bed, in addition to the skim milk I always drink at...
Back
Top Bottom