Recent content by GMCCARTNEY

  1. GMCCARTNEY

    Hmm..I have no idea what knee replacement dr. is using

    You can be tested, but for the nearest one to you, contact your surgeon. I know as my finger surrounding a ring "turns color" when I wear a cheap ring. I cannot tell you how many times I have returned earrings due to my ears itching and "blushing" where they are pierced from the cheap metal...
  2. GMCCARTNEY

    Hmm..I have no idea what knee replacement dr. is using

    The name brand is important due to Nickel allergies. Some do not have nickel, but are composed of a hardened "plastic" element, if I understand my surgeon correctly. I have a known sensitivity to "cheap" jewelry as my skin turns "green/grey" and that is why my right knee is a nickel free...
  3. GMCCARTNEY

    I just want to walk again

    I guess that your anesthesiologist wants to make sure you are safe with the maximum dose. Logically, I always thought that if both hurt then I should have had one for each leg....my doctors didn't understand my logic either. Ha. I just do as I am told now, having to rely on their way of...
  4. GMCCARTNEY

    Will have knee replacement in a month.

    Soft ice packs are great, but I purchased a Polar machine and as long as I have an ice maker, it does a wonderful job. The most helpful purchase was a sturdy bedside commode for night time. An elevated potty seat for the bathroom, walker to use the first few days as it does help with safety...
  5. GMCCARTNEY

    I am off to a new knee

    By now you are on your way to a better you - without the chronic pain and aching in the very near future. Hope you are feeling better already. Give yourself a little time and patience. You will be fine. Gerry
  6. GMCCARTNEY

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Just think how great we will feel in the spring of the year. Yea! No complications with the first and do not expect any with the second. Just do not over-exercise. On many days I would over-do and then I would notice stiffness and some swelling, but nothing a little ice and elevation can't...
  7. GMCCARTNEY

    2014 Healthcare changes

    Deductible starts over in January....correct? Gerry
  8. GMCCARTNEY

    Home or Rehab

    My surgeon offered me rehab last May, but I decided all I needed was my familiar bed, plenty of pillows, pain medication, yogurt with the pain medication, water at my bedside and the most important item was a bedside commode and a wonderful husband willing to empty it throughout the day. Thank...
  9. GMCCARTNEY

    Husband just doesn't get it

    Chronic pain is the worst because you know it is never going away and that it just keeps getting worse as your knees deteriorate more and more. There is no light at the end of the tunnel and nothing to look forward to when you know you are going to hurt. I know it is hard to face knee...
  10. GMCCARTNEY

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Just keep thinking how the chronic pain will be gone on October 23rd. My thoughts of feeling better got me through the last one and I keep thinking how much better I will feel in 30 days, then 60 days, then 90 days and wow...can't wait until 120 days.
  11. GMCCARTNEY

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Left Total Knee scheduled October 21, 2013. Right was done May 13, 2013.
  12. GMCCARTNEY

    TKR Still Swelling at almost 4 months

    I had a total right knee replacement May 13, 2013 and the leg still swells. Note that it usually is after a day at the desk. My leg is stationary without much movement for approximately 10 1/2 hrs per day if you include the two hour commute. Scheduled to have the left done October 21, 2013...
Back
Top Bottom