Recent content by Gloucestergal65

  1. G

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    Thanks for all the lovely responses. I think the best bit for me was finding a community of people who knew what I was going through every step of the way, especially in the first days after the op. All those niggling concerns when anxiety levels are through the roof. You allowed me to raise my...
  2. G

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    Three years this week since my hip replacement. It was very nerve wracking but so worth it. Apart from some slight discomfort still at times lying on that side and still a tendency to limp slightly at times, these are minor issues compared to the before. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and...
  3. G

    THR Back on Bone Smart as I prepare for second THR

    Did you always know you would need the second one done? I had one done in Dec 2022 and so far no issues with the other one but I wonder if it is only a matter of time!
  4. G

    THR 3 Month Update

    Great post about the aids. I’m two and a half years post surgery now but I would have found it really helpful at the time Good luck with your future surgeries.
  5. G

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    Two and a half year anniversary has just passed. There are still some Pilates exercises I can’t do and still a bit of tenderness sometimes when sleeping on the operated side. Neither of these things bother me as much as my bunions and corns. Never a dull moment. :rotfl:
  6. G

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    Just to be clear @Deni444 - I walked it. I’m definitely not up for running it :loll:
  7. G

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    @Layla Parkrun happens all over the UK in towns and cities. It’s a free event in a local Park. 5km. If you can’t run, you can walk it. I think there were 260people in the Gloucester one this morning. It is marshalled and timed and I guess good training for marathons. I saw kids joining in today...
  8. G

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    Did my 3rd Parkrun (walking) after a gap of six months and managed a slightly better time which is good news. Now I need to try and do it on a more regular basis. :hiking:
  9. G

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    @Deni444 I had to use my savings too because I didn’t want to wait and I don’t actually regret it at all. I would have been faced with almost a year’s wait to see the consultant and probably that long again before the operation. So two more years of worsening and pain compared to two years of...
  10. G

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    On a more positive point I had a great morning yesterday. A round trip of two miles to the river bank early in the morning through dewy blossom filled orchards in glorious sunshine to see a 4* Severn Bore - a local phenomenon. What I hadn’t anticipated was the 12 stiles there and 12 stiles back...
  11. G

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    Haven’t posted for a while. All good except I did something to my back reaching to turn off the tap and was a bit of a wreck for a few days. Improving now but just a little reminder that my body is not as robust as it once was!
  12. G

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    @Morgan Le Fay - It isn’t a quick fix for sure but this forum has helped me a lot to keep things in perspective and I’m improving in small ways all the time. The scribbly diagram of realistic progress compared to the straight line of expected progress helped me a lot. Good luck with your...
  13. G

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    Epic day out in London at Kew Gardens. 19,377 steps or 7.4miles. The most I’ve walked in a day since the op. Sore feet but hip is fine. . :hiking:
  14. G

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    Thanks for your advice @Elf1 and @Layla. The same thing happened in the second class and my teacher also mentioned low blood sugar and dehydration. I go to my weigh-in at Slimming World beforehand so I haven’t really eaten or drunk anything in morning before the Pilates. Stupid really and now...
  15. G

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    First Pilates class today. It definitely highlighted the continuing weakness around the hip replacement so that’s something I need to work on some more. I also felt a bit sick and a bit faint about two thirds of the way through. I will persevere though. Onwards and upwards.
Back
Top Bottom