Recent content by Glosnana

  1. G

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    Thank you @Macknit. I wasn't very clear about home therapy ...I meant the DIY type!! It was the article that led me to research further, thank goodness for all this helpful info when you're floundering in the dark! I think I'm going to try an ITB compression band. $20 is a small price to pay if...
  2. G

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    24 weeks tomorrow...how time flies! All pain/burning/stinging has gone except a couple of twinges yesterday after I did stairs. I can't deny that I scared myself with wild imaginings whenever an unexpected pain or sensation struck! Thank you for the patient support. I'm rolling out my IT band...
  3. G

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    I'm not scheduled for a follow up, my OS is at my clinic one day a week if needed. Since the desperation of this morning (imagining a loose implant!) the knee has settled a bit. A day of icing and no driving! I'm sure you're right and I'm hoping it's soft tissue healing. Where it hurts it is...
  4. G

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    Really bad day today. I'm reluctant to post because I never seem to have anything positive to say about my knee lately. I was doing so well and now not so much. I have a medial pain as if a rod is being pushed in my leg and the stiff feeling over the front of the knee. It's also clunking and...
  5. G

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    I know this a rollercoaster but I never imagined that I would have the same type of pain in both knees - enough pain to wake me and kept me awake until 5 a.m. I must have upset both knees at the same time but can't fathom what? I've avoided stairs so it's not that! It's a bit scary in the middle...
  6. G

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    5 months! I'm finding that stairs are messing my knee up completely for days on end. I only do two small flights of stairs once a week up to an apartment. I live on one level so this exercise is infrequent. I can do the stairs foot over foot both up and down but then suffer with increased...
  7. G

    TKR New Here Looking for Positivity

    I remember Josephine stating that the 6 week mark can be the most difficult for some people. Just when you're thinking you're over the worse! It's all part of the rollercoaster ride that is TKR recovery. I've had a rough 3 weeks but today I'm on the level part of the ride...could go up or down...
  8. G

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    Thank you for the reply @sistersinhim It was one of those days when I felt overwhelmed and just so aware of each and every aspect of this knee. Then today happened and the soreness is less along with the stiffness! It will do things its own way that's for certain :good-bad:
  9. G

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    Nearly 5 months! I was hoping to have less to talk about by this time. My knee is still stiff but I'm sure that will lessen with time. I'm now noticing soreness at the top of my scar and around the implant. Of course I keep touching it (bit like a bad tooth) to check if it's still as sore! I...
  10. G

    TKR New Here Looking for Positivity

    @LooLoo ...just to say I had only 3 clients at 6 weeks and it was the hour driving to see them that was the most difficult. I was only out for a few hours 3 times a week! With hindsight I would have waited 12 weeks. I just wanted to reassure you that I wasn't superwoman or anything. Take as much...
  11. G

    TKR New Here Looking for Positivity

    I'm a mobile counselor and returned to driving and seeing clients after my 6 week OS appt. It wiped me out and my energy levels are only steadily increasing now. I napped when I could and the low energy actually prompted my first post on here. I understand the fear and worry, this is my first...
  12. G

    TKR New Here Looking for Positivity

    In my experience totally normal. Your flexion is increasing -yay!! I'm at 18 weeks tomorrow and have had a week of severe stiffness after a few weeks of just tightness but wake up today to find my knee wasn't the first thing on my mind. It really is a rollercoaster, the knee is in charge, and...
  13. G

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    18 weeks tomorrow :) :-) (: My knee has taken all week to feel less stiff and the numbness has lessened. I did stairs yesterday and no problems today and the ice pack can't be tolerated for more than 10 minutes. Maybe I forgot 'up with the good, down with the bad' and I'm being more aware of that!
  14. G

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    So I jinxed it by posting my good progress at 17 weeks! My knee has been feeling numb over all of the front and very tight. It's been 3 days now and I've been icing. I have not done anything different except one flight of stairs on Monday. I am a little concerned!:what:
  15. G

    TKR TortiTabby's recovery

    :yes!: Great update! I think my flexion is about the same but as long as I can continue and improve on ADL then I'm not concerned. I'm not doing stairs enough as yesterday my knee felt like a lump of concrete and the only thing I did different was a flight of stairs the day before - I suppose...
Back
Top Bottom