Recent content by gld2pan

  1. G

    THR Suggestions for pain where the incision was

    I had posterior. I'm not sure if its the scar. Just know its around the general area towards top of leg on outside. Guess I'll try some of the exercises given after surgery. Continue with ointment and oral Alive. Hopefully by my 2 year check up it will all be a distant memory. :)
  2. G

    THR Suggestions for pain where the incision was

    I had left THR 10/21/18. Compared to where I was a year ago I'm very pleased but I do have pain on outside of hip around the incision area everyday. It sometimes feels like sunburn pain. Today kinda like tight muscle and if stretched out would feel better. I saw my surgeon in Oct 2019 and he...
  3. G

    THR Return to work?

    I work a desk job and my doctor wouldn't budge on anything past the 6 weeks. For me 10 weeks is when I actually starting to feel like being at work. I'd recommend taking more time if circumstances allow it.
  4. G

    THR Suggestions for pain where the incision was

    @KathyB Thank you for your response. I really appreciate hearing where you are in recovery. So true this takes awhile. Wish I had heard that more before hand. I had expectations that at 6 weeks when back to work I’d be my old self. Take care and may each new day be a little bit better!
  5. G

    THR Suggestions for pain where the incision was

    @Jaycey Thank you just hearing it's normal is nice. @HertsHippy Funny before posting yours was one of many threads I read. I envy your walking abilities. I haven't even tried steps like a normal person. Hopefully your groin pains will disappear soon. Keep up with icing!!!
  6. G

    THR Suggestions for pain where the incision was

    Happy New Year and good day!! I'm doing better but still bit down with where I am with walking. I walk great with cane. Pretty much pain free and normal gait and speed. Do still feel I put a lot of pressure on the cane. Right shoulder feels it at times. Without cane feel hitch in getup. When...
  7. G

    THR It’s done!

    So glad to read your post. I had my left THR on 10/22/18 an feeling down that still need cane. Can wobble around the house but there is a bit a pain when do that. With cane for the most part no pains now. It nice to hear someone with similar experience. I had to go back to work after 6 weeks at...
  8. G

    THR Suggestions for pain where the incision was

    Well 5 weeks and 2 days out. I switched full time to cane this past Saturday. Feels lighter not so much pressure to palm. Have made a couple of trips out. Eye appointment yesterday and quick hair cut. Today pedicure and got temporary parking placard from AAA today. Not getting outside to...
  9. G

    THR Suggestions for pain where the incision was

    Actually it’s my right hand that’s taking more pressure. Both with walker and cane. Holding cane with right hand. Thanks for tip on shopping carts.
  10. G

    THR Suggestions for pain where the incision was

    I had THR of left hip on 10/22/18. Posterior. Came home same day. First 2 weeks were the most miserable. Not able to sleep and just plain tired of being on back and butt. Since end of 2nd week only taking 500mg Tylenol twice a day. Aspirin twice a day and 1 Meloxicam daily. PT came to house...
Back
Top Bottom