Recent content by glasgowolf

  1. G

    PKR Andy's PKR recovery 10/01/18

    Thanks all. I am due to go back the 12/02. My manager suggested phased return.i am thinking Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday see how I get on OCC health are talking to me about items needed for return to work. My pain is bad on an evening at the moment and the swelling is still there, my PT said let...
  2. G

    PKR Andy's PKR recovery 10/01/18

    I have a query on elevation. I ice constantly around 5 or 6 hours minimum each day. For elevation I sit on a couch, i have a pouffe that comes to around the top of the couch. I put a pillow on that under my knee so my leg is bent slighy at the knee. Is this the correct method for elevation...
  3. G

    TKR Struggling after 8 weeks

    These stockings drive me nuts especially in bed. I can't wait to take them off. Seeing the surgeon Monday so will ask him. I am taking 2 aspirin a day as a blood thinner to avoid clots.
  4. G

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    Google is your friend in relation to your Surgeon. Before I went to see a consultant I Googled him to see what he was like. I was lucky I had private healthcare through work and went to a surgeon who was a world renowned sports surgeon with a history of fantastic knee results.
  5. G

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    I would be reporting that to the hospital. I would take control of this and make sure they did not hurt me and also make sure the consultant knows how you feel. Makes me realise just how lucky I am with my Surgeon and PT.
  6. G

    PKR Andy's PKR recovery 10/01/18

    Thanks all, Doctor has given me some pain meds which I am taking. My physio was fantastic we did no real excercises he just took the time to see what was happening and get some background. One thing he did say was No Pain No Gain is totally wrong and is likely to put you back, that was when he...
  7. G

    PKR Andy's PKR recovery 10/01/18

    Found the first few days really tough. Out of hospital Friday 12th. The weekend was ok, but from Monday I have been on my own all day. The physio excercises see are being done 4 times a day. Spending hours with Ice packs on my knees. Really struggling to accept the lack of Bend, I can straighten...
  8. G

    Information

    Thanks guys. As I said the more I read, the more I get scared. My pals at work are telling me not to read it but I want to prepare my self for the post operative recovery. I'll not say anything to my boss, but I'll be speaking to my consultant and doctor to get more time off. What are we...
  9. G

    Told I'm looking at P or TKR...

    Good luck with your search mate, I know I am scared and the more II read the more scared I get, but also the more sure I get that I made the right choice in having it done
  10. G

    Information

    Thanks, that will be the hardest for me not doing too much I always thought the more you do the quicker you would heal and I said that yesterday, to my wife and friends. At the minute I have 2 weeks including the Operation planned for off work, I sit at a desk all day. Looks like I may be...
  11. G

    Information

    Hey All, I am due for my Partial Knee Replacement in January... Is there anything I can do now to improve my rate of recovery. I can currently still do some Gym work, Cycling, Swimming even the xtrainer Stairs, and even walking on the treadmill are no goes i get too much pain. I have no idea...
  12. G

    2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Oxford Partial Right Knee Replacement 10th January, initial date was 20th December, but we are away 29th, and I did not want to be immobile for Christmas. So we pushed out until the 10th Jan, safe to say I am absolutely bricking it.
Back
Top Bottom