Recent content by Gladtobediff

  1. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Quick questions.. all good but 2 things 1. I still find at nigjt when lying on my side I can feel strong aching /uncomfortable on my operated side. Is this normal after 4 months. 2. I played 18 holes of golf yesterday and hit every shot and walked....my glutes were a bit achy after. It's the...
  2. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    @Coddfish - I tried to join the hiprunner.com but the captcha code doesn't come up so it won't let me register. Have searched everywhere and there is no admin or helpdesk that I can contact to get this sorted. Any suggestions let me know. Much appreciated Question for those running...
  3. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Thanks all . @Coddfish ....i will defo look up hiprunner.com
  4. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Thanks all and sorry for the delay....kidney operation last Thursday. All gone really well....walked 3 miles the day after, 9 holes of golf day after that, then 18 holes golf with buggy. Then had a not so good day and only walked a mile. Then did 3 mile walk plus tennis doubles session. So good...
  5. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Thanks all. Much appreciated. Walking has defo been my key activity since my operation. Actually due to increased work demands I have done less Walking the last 2 weeks. Groin ache gone today so think the muscle/tendon healing is what's going on as you say. Now I am 10 weeks I keen to maintain...
  6. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Thanks so much. I tried sleeping with a pillow between my legs but I find it too awkward. It just feels "hard" from a texture perspective and my hip around the incision aches when in bed but not when I get up. Questions 1. ....I had no groin aches before surgery and for the first time and few...
  7. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Thanks . So the good and some questions Good - played golf at 7.5 weeks, then 6 holes the following Sunday and 9 holes at 9 weeks and 18 holes on Sunday in a Mixed pairs competition which I won for us on the last 2 holes.....but I did use a buggy. - i played ladies double tennis last Wed...
  8. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Thanks so much. Yes i saw the heel toe advice and the Private physio kept saying that to me. We have done videos today and reviewed them of me walking and I am relieved that I am doing heel to on all my steps.....so very pleased about that. It is only when I stand still that my left leg lifts up...
  9. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Thanks so much. So 7.5 weeks post op. Positives - I managed to put a sock on operated leg for 1st time in last week - 10 days ago I was able to tie my shoe laces myself - managed my longest walk of 5.3 miles was done with hubby and pooch on Sunday - managed an easier version of my pre op...
  10. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    @Jamie thanks so much. Btw I did work out how to most easily get out of a bath provided your restrictions have been removed. With the water still in, sit face up with legs on the bottom of the bath (as you would to have the bath) . Then turn 180 degrees so you are facing the bottom of the...
  11. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Thanks @myglasshalffull @Jamie. I haven't taken any pain killers simce 7 days after op...and with no large intestine they make my stomach issues worse so avoid them unless I am in 3 or 4/10 pain. Re pillows and putting them behind me...my husband is back sharing our bed so not sure i can the...
  12. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Thanks for all the replies....just to reassure folks i specifically asked the surgeon about a bath and a jacuzzi. Both of which he said were all good. I cannot tell you how amazing and lovely it was to have a bath and it made me feel SO much better. But I support the points about having a...
  13. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    A different question.....after my 6 week sign off I was desperate to have a bath. Getting in and sitting down on base of bath, before filling it, was all good - i made sure hubby was in the room just in case! Getting out was a lot harder!. I drained all the water out (maybe that was a mistake)...
  14. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Ok....6 week check up post posterior hip replacement today...all restrictions removed. Surgeon very happy with progress. He said I can now do lower body weight training, core training, tennis, golf, skiing, cycling in or outdoors etc Jogging i can do from 12 weeks. He said the only thing I...
  15. G

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Thanks very helpful. Be interesting to see what my surgeon says. The insurance physio trotted out rubbish generic advice re returning to Exercising more that you would give my parents in their 80s. But that's due to the insurance companies, as I understand it. I am really bored - so glad I went...
Back
Top Bottom