Recent content by Ginny

  1. Ginny

    THR Tightness in flexor?

    Great info!!! Thank you.
  2. Ginny

    THR Returning to Golf post THR

    I'm a golfer too. My surgeon said no golf for three months. Putting and chipping okay.
  3. Ginny

    THR Thigh pain on good leg

    I had the same thing!! Massage therapy helped.
  4. Ginny

    THR Andrews Sports Medicine Birmingham Alabama

    Anyone here have surgery at Andrews Sports Medicine in Birmingham? I'm having surgery on the 30th of June. Just wanted to know your experience.
  5. Ginny

    2021 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    THR {right} scheduled for 30 June 2021 Andrews Sports Medicine Birmingham AL
  6. Ginny

    THR Outpatient Surgery

    thank you! Yes I have people to help, I will be having it in Birmingham AL. The doctor said I should stay the night in a hotel and drive back to Florida the next day. I am still surprised. I remember waking up from surgery 13 years ago and I felt like I was hit by a truck. Feeling confident...
  7. Ginny

    THR Outpatient Surgery

    How common is outpatient surgery? I am having THR end of June and the Dr. said it would be outpatient and I would go home the same day. I can't believe this?! 13 years ago I had THR and I was in the hospital for a week. Have things really changed?
  8. Ginny

    THR Symptom of loose stem

    doctor moore did my surgery 13 years ago. I plan on seeing him. Waiting for my insurance authorization.
  9. Ginny

    THR Symptom of loose stem

    He referred me to Andrew’s Sports Medicine in Birmingham. He just said it was high and didn’t say anything else.
  10. Ginny

    THR Symptom of loose stem

    .. a little follow up. I went to my follow up last week. my cobalt level is 8.6. my chromium level is still pending. the orthopedic doctor here referred me to another specialist. Should I be worried?
  11. Ginny

    THR Symptom of loose stem

    Oh really? geez. thank you
  12. Ginny

    THR Symptom of loose stem

    Thank you for all the info. The doctor I met with said the cup is deteriorating and my right hip is "trashed". I had lab work done: Complete Blood Count Sed Rate: 3 mm/h (normal) Range is 0 mm-20 C-Reactive Protein: 3.70 (normal) Range: 0 mg/l-5 mg/l Chromium Level: pending Cobalt Level ...
  13. Ginny

    THR Symptom of loose stem

    Jan 14 2008 Smith and nephew metal on metal I am going to ask for a chromium test and the other one I can’t remember. Also a MARS mri . the X-ray shows hardware intact but I know something is wrong.
  14. Ginny

    THR Symptom of loose stem

    thank you! no new activities. I have an appointment this week with a local orthopedic surgeon. My X-ray show the hardware intact... but I know something is wrong. I'll keep you posted.
  15. Ginny

    THR Symptom of loose stem

    Hello Everyone! I had my hip replaced in 2008!! It has been a success for the last 13 years. For the past 5 months I have experienced thigh pain, groin pain, knee pain, instability, unable to put all weight on my leg...I finally googled loose stem symptoms and sounds like I have that but my...
Back
Top Bottom