Recent content by Gimpy9

  1. G

    Building decision for knee surgery

    I had a PKR in Oct 2007, still have it, still going strong. If I am out in the cold, damp weather, i.e. snow, and not able to sit down now and then it does ache. I had 8 surgeries on the PKR knee. My surgeon gave me my options, I asked him point blank if this was your knee, knowing my...
  2. G

    2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    RTKR scheduled December 17th. Had left partial knee replacement Oct 2007
  3. G

    Will I Be Able To Run and Jump After Surgery?

    yes you can run and jump, but only if your life is in danger, not recommended as a normal activity
  4. G

    Aprehensive

    Yes its worth it!!! Don't doubt it, just do it. At 44 and a PKR, (I'm almost 2 yrs post,) I feel fantastic.
  5. G

    Help, I need advice

    Hi Mother of many, Slow down, take it easy, I know easier said than done, I like you was pushing, wishing my recovery faster than it was happening, I got discouraged. Don't fall into that pit. You are doing great, tell yourself that every morning when you wake up and every night before you go...
  6. G

    What happens during/after TKR

    Re: Newbie Hi Colleen, I had a partial knee replacement a couple of years ago after 8 knee surgeries. Took me awhile to find a doctor that would do the surgery. I have a life now!!! Take your pain meds on time. Write down when you take them so you don't forget, that helped me alot because...
  7. G

    Partial Knee Replacement

    I'm not sure how the stress fracture occured. It may have happened at physical therapy during the flex portion. I felt it "give" just a bit too much and had more pain than normal. I am still using crutches when shopping and at work, we have a raised floor, sort of like a drop ceiling, so it...
  8. G

    Partial Knee Replacement

    Veritically I can feel where the replacement meets the bone. Went to the Doctor yesterday, I have small stress fracture that he thinks is causing the pain when I walk. 7 of the surgeries before the partial replacement were for medial menisectomy, lysis resection, arthritis buildup, etc. The...
  9. G

    Partial Knee Replacement

    I had a partial knee replacement on Oct 25th, everything seemed to be going well. Physical therapy was going good, was taking longer and longer walks, then on Dec 5th, the pain started. With every step I take now I can feel where the bone meets the replacement. The pain is unbearable at times...
Back
Top Bottom