I'm a military dependent, on Tricare Prime. I saw the major joint surgeon at Walter Reed Medical Center. It took three weeks, because of the referral process. His rationale for waiting on the needle aspiration is that he said that it could introduce bacteria to the knee. He really...
Josephine, I'm not sure what I meant by that either. :sad: I'm just upset and I want someone tell me that it's going to get better.
I finally got in to see a surgeon on Friday. He said that he didn't think it was infected, but that he couldn't promise me it wasn't. It's still really...
I always put my gel pack & wrap into a zip lock and pack it in my checked luggage. I have noticed that my bags get extra screening by the TSA. Probably looks like plastic explosives or something.
Thank you for the input, Josephine, and the encouragement, Jboles. It helps hearing from knowledgeable people that infection isn't likely.
@Josephine do you have a link to explain the soft tissue thing?
I was able to access the radiology report online this evening, and everything looks...
I'm three years out from my surgery. Woke up last week to a very swollen, stiff knee, with that icky banded feeling back. I haven't had that sensation in years. I hadn't done anything to stress it as I've been a bit under the weather. Hit it with NSAID's, ice and elevation. Went down a...
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping, more improvement, even after my one year anniversary date. I just wish this darn swelling would go down. It's so stiff.
I've been doing research into inflammation. Wondering about the effects of diet on it? Anyone else here had any experience with that...
Checking in. Almost a year out now. Still dealing with pain and swelling. Haven't been to PT since August. Just doing light housework, errands, short walks with the dog. Still one footing it down the stairs. When I try and walk down normally, knee swells something awful. I can feel...
Thanks for all the advice and your experiences. I'm plugging along.
Yes, I can bend over at the waist and put on my socks and shoes, but it's difficult. The thing with this knee is that it seems to swell with even light use, not just over use. I'm going to get there, it's just going to...
I'm a military dependent, and my surgery was in a military hospital. I do believe I can request a second opinion, and I probably should at this point. I'm meeting with my surgeon in a few weeks, and I will definitely bring that up with him. At my last visit, he did say that my X-rays looked...
Thanks for all the encouragement, guys. It's so frustrating to hear people say, "Well, my friend was back at work and running around in three weeks. What's going on with you?"
Thanks for the idea about socks, Zzevi. I don't know why I didn't think of looking for some kind of device...
Checking in again. I'm almost eight months out now, and still experiencing swelling and pain. I can get to 110 flexion, but it hurts really bad beyond that. I haven't had PT since August. My exercises consists of house work (we do have stairs), and walking my dog about .5 a mile every...
I thought the PT was the problem too, but I had a three-week spell in June, where I didn't go to PT and the swelling didn't get any better. If anything, it was worse.
I'm twenty weeks out now. I've made a lot of progress, but it's frustratingly slow. I thought I was going to be so much further along at this point. This problem is the ongoing post op inflammation. It's not as bad as it was, but it's still with me. Still going to PT once a week...
My doc responded pretty as you guys said he would. I decided to just let the issue drop. Went to PT today, and told them I was going to take it very easy. Just did the recumbent bike (rocking) heel slides and tiny toe raises (they didn't hurt), and then they put me on the ice machine. I...
Yes, they do. And I know they're not bad people, but they tend to treat me like I'm a child.
I have noticed something a little weird. I can bend my knee much better while lying on my back. If I roll to my side, and try to bend both knees up (like I normally sleep), I feel a good bit of...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.